STILL unable to get LTE setup with AT&T

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by smile1fish, Sep 26, 2017.

1. smile1fish macrumors member

smile1fish

I got my Series 3 with LTE on Friday. I am on a Unlimited Plus plan with AT&T. I talked to a really nice girl on Saturday at AT&T, and she double checked all the inputs on their end, and said all was correct. She said she would call me back today, because they were having issues with the system being overloaded. I still haven't heard from her.

I am finally getting to the screen on my Apple Watch app on my iPhone, where it lets me log into AT&T, and then it takes me to the "activate your device" screen, where it lists my current data plan and also says I will be charged $10 additional per month. IT DOESN'T go past this point. I've tried turning power off and on on both devices to no avail.

Can someone give me some insight into what my next step should be?

Thank you!!!!

2. lenard macrumors 6502

Your are there, all you have to do at the bottom of that screen is accept the plan ($10). You might have to scroll down to see the acceptance button......

3. Bill Aaron macrumors newbie

I am having the exact same problem. No solution after spending hours with AT&T support.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2017 ---
    There is only a Continue button and it does nothing. It eventually times out and returns to the Cellular screen with the Set Up Cellular option. Tap that and get in a loop.

4. smile1fish thread starter macrumors member

smile1fish

Thank you for responding! I am pressing the continue button at the bottom of that screen, but it doesn’t do anything.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2017 ---
    Exactly.

5. lenard macrumors 6502

I would just keep trying....at&t computers have been running slow for 4 days now, it took me 2 days for me
    to get the cellular working....

6. smile1fish thread starter macrumors member

smile1fish

That’s probably good advice :) , thanks. I was just hoping for a magical answer lol

7. hinesru macrumors newbie

I had the same issue and AT&T rep was clueless. It was a wasted call. I found this post below and I followed the instructions in the link. I was on the phone with a rep for 30 minutes that knew who to do this and he got it working. Key step is you must log into the website per the instructions about halfway down to finish the NumberSync.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/at-t-business-plan-success-tips.2071234/

8. Vbosworth macrumors newbie

This works!!!

9. bgro macrumors 65816

Is AT&T giving 3 months free for watch $10 data?

10. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

Both mine I set up setup activated fine from th first time ... it could just be your specific plan, doubt it’s a server problem.

11. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Sort of free: $55 Bill Credit: Account and service on your line must remain active to get up to two credits ($30 service + $25 activation) w/in 3 bills. No activation credit if already waived. Offer Limits: Max. of 1 activation credit/waiver per device. One credit offer per eligible Apple Watch Series 3 activation. May not be combinable with other offers, discounts, or credits.

Dave

12. deeddawg macrumors 604

Took me about four tries to activate my watch on AT&T today. Unsure of reason for their issue, but eventually it worked from the phone/watch. Mobileshare plan

13. bgro macrumors 65816

thanks..didn’t even realize there was an activation fee. Just picked up my Nike + cellular I’ll report back how my setup with att goes

14. dave006 Contributor

dave006