STM micro extra small iPad shoulder bag

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by javaGuru, May 10, 2010.

1. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I found a bag that looks like it might fit my iPad carrying needs.

http://www.stmbags.com/catalog/ipad-bags/micro-extra-small-iPad-shoulder-bag/

However, I am curious to know if it will fit my iPad while it is inside the standard case made by Apple. I want to maintain protection for my iPad while it's outside the bag. I would also like to hear any opinions from anyone who has tried this bag. Thanks in advance.

2. patp Guest

it looks like it has plenty of room. it's not as tight looking as the Incase Travel Kit bag - just judging from the pictures - never seen one in person.

3. robby818 macrumors 6502a

I have one coming on Thursday (J&R). Need it to hold my ipad with the macally bookstand on. I'll report on the fit.

EDIT: Arrived today. Fits the ipad with macally cover easily. Should work with the Apple cover.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more pics:
    http://yfrog.com/75img0254bjx

4. kmorton macrumors newbie

I don't have the Micro, I have the Scout, and it'll fit a iPad in almost any case with no problem. The iPad compartment is incredibly well padded too, but the bag as a whole seems as small as it could be (which is lovely).

Too bad then don't make it in black, but I've come to love the olive color. The fabric is lovely too, it doesn't feel like cheap stuff.

5. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

6. javaGuru thread starter macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

Very cool, keep us updated on how you like it.

7. dagomike macrumors 65816

8. ImaVeggie macrumors regular

ImaVeggie

9. itzcoolz macrumors regular

Kmorton, does your STM scout bag smell? I ask because I've received two now from amazon, and they both have a very bad fishy odor. Also, the only two reviews on amazon mention the bad odor. I,m curious if amazon received a bad shipment or if it's just as a result of one of the fabrics that they use

10. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I do have the Apple case, as well as the new Speck Candyshell. I am hoping it will fit with either of those cases on. I will let you know.

11. ImaVeggie macrumors regular

ImaVeggie

Thanks so much.

12. javaGuru thread starter macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

Are you sure you didn't order it FROM the Amazon instead of Amazon.com? :D

13. dagomike macrumors 65816

I do, and it won't. The Jacket is a real tight fit.

14. ImaVeggie macrumors regular

ImaVeggie

Thanks for the info. Oh well.

15. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Iv'e been sent the "Jacket iPad" by STM and from first impressions it looks outstanding. Look out for the review :)

16. dagomike macrumors 65816

Actually, I just stuffed the CandyShell in there, so it might. I was thinking of a different case when I wrote that. I need to hit the sack, but I'll dig out the Apple case and try later.

17. ImaVeggie macrumors regular

ImaVeggie

Can't wait to hear whether the Apple Case fits. Thanks.

18. javaGuru thread starter macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

Very cool! Looks awesome! Mine should be arriving tomorrow. Thanks for the update.

19. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I just got this today: http://www.radtech.us/Products/stm-jacket-ipad-bag.aspx

STM Jacket for iPad. I really like it, mostly due to the size, its quite small.
    I've been a fan of STM bags for a while.

I was able to fit the iPad inside it with the Candyshell on it, and it fit with the Apple Case on it also. It is a snug fit, but not too tight. If anyones interested I can post some pics later.

20. robby818 macrumors 6502a

Sure thing. I am pretty impressed with the STM bag. It's dimensions are perfect for an ipad with a case. Large enough to allow easy removal, but not so big that the ipad will move around inside the bag when you are walking. I like the soft inner padding and the outside pocket is great for the adapter, camera connector, and a small cleaning cloth. Price was pretty good too. I ordered a Waterfield bag but ended up returing it. I love the waterfield look but their designs lack a bit in practicality.

21. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

22. ImaVeggie macrumors regular

ImaVeggie

So the Apple Case will fit, huh? That's great to hear because I really like the jacket iPad for the times when I want to take my iPad and just a few things so I don't have to use my CaseLogic E-Sling iPad Case - Medium.

Thanks for the photos.

23. dagomike macrumors 65816

24. flipangle macrumors regular

Thanks for the pics! Just ordered one. Was wondering whether it would fit over my Belkin rubber shell. Now I know.

25. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Just ordered the jacket, ( I guess this thread about the shoulder bag turned into the jacket thread, both look great).
    I just ordered one fom ebay via ebag seller for total $24.60.
    cheaper on ebay than their website, even tho bing discount showed $16?, but get to the ebag site and it is $25 marked down to $20, add ship/tax it's $29.17.
    maybe I figured the bing thing wrong, it's not always clear to me what the final cost is with bing until after you actually buy.