Stock low

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Day48, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Day48 macrumors member

Is there some media event that is scheduled somewhere that someone is missing? Would they just release an iPhone 5 without any kind of event? (They had an event for the iPhone 4 when it went to Verizon {not a big deal, Jobs wasn't even there}) I think that all these supply constrants are connected. There has to be some event to introduce the new: Macbook Air, Macbook, Mac Mini, iPhone, iPod line...Right?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The Macs are waiting for OS X Lion to be completed, the iDevices are waiting for iOS 5 to be completed.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

They only do a media event when there are big changes. No big changes are rumored for the Mac computers. They expect a big change in the iPhone and maybe the iPod line in September.

4. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

My money is on September also. Look at the iPod... it's tired. It is an awesome MP3 player, but over the past few years they have been milking it to death with all these unnecessary features. I think the iPod classic IS a classic and it needs no changes. As for the billion other versions of the iPod, I never owned any of them and I always thought for someone with a huge music collection, the classic was the best for your buck.

I think the iPhone will debut in September at what would normally be the "iPod event". It makes a lot of sense since we know iOS 5 is supposed to hit this fall. Announce the new hardware in September, show it off with the new iOS running on it, launch a few weeks later. Then no one can get one for a month. Then, just in time for Xmas there is more to go around. Cha-ching.

5. Day48 thread starter macrumors member

Well my thought is that if everything is running low, but there is no word of an event. And someone said it, but there is usually an iPod event!? I know these things are waiting for the software, but I'm just trying to get a feel for when these things are coming out. I think september too, but there could be an event we are missing that could give us a peek...long shot but im anxious!