stolen 1 day old ipod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by dotsta, Aug 21, 2007.

1. dotsta macrumors newbie

Today my ipod was stolen, and i only got it yesterday, well here's the story.....in my school (in australia) no one puts their bags in the lockers provided in the sports department because there are no locks provided.....everyone just puts them on the changeroom benchs....after i changed i made sure my bag was zipped and everything and left for soccer training just like every1 else. after soccer training we came back, my friend was the first to find out that her wallet was opened with money stolen.....then i started looking through my stuff....den i realised that my blazer was missing which had my ipod in it...i then found my blazer on another bench with no ipod in it....i told the teachers who did nothing.....can any1 advise me on wat to do..i reallly want it back,i still have my original receipt + serial number:confused::(

sorry for my bad english because it is my second language.....

2. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

report to police and check your home insurance policy.
    Saw a brazen little thug grab an ipod right out of a fellow bus passengers hand a few moths ago. Bugger jumped off the bus and was gone, like that.:eek:

3. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

There isn't really much you can do. I think you might be able to have the serial number blacklisted so that if they ever do take it to be fixed it can be recovered, although that might only apply to computers.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

u shuld talk to da police, see wut dey can do 4 u. oder dan dat, der isnt alot 4 u to do. jus be careful next dime n keep an eye on ur guds.

5. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

I am literally peeing myself you bastard!

6. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Now now, that's what toilets were designed for. ;)

7. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

8. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

hehe.

And then you enroll in remedial English class. It is English they speak down under, right?

Using shorthand when texting is one thing, this is insane. Learn to freakin' type so that us normal folk can understand you!!!! Especially when you are asking for help. If I were to see a post like this asking for technical help, I would completely ignore it.

9. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

siurpeeman was imitating the OP by writing like that intentionally. read the OP's post - this should be the person to whom you recommend the remedial English class...

10. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

11. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

oooo you poor thing XD ,,,why didnt you just leave it in your pocket??!
    your ipod is stolen in a school! its gone..the one who stole it will never bring it to school again..sorry you have to buy a new one =/

note:i had a very hard time understanding your spellings lol

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If a student walked up to me and spoke as well as you typed I wouldn't do a damn thing either. I'd hand you a dictionary and point you to the nearest English class.
    I would not buy another iPod rather I would spend the cash on an English tutor.

13. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

nice going jessica, hit 'em while they're down!:p

14. pcorajr macrumors 6502

Are you freaking kidding me?

Yeah... me too.

15. RadioStar macrumors member

Summary:

16. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

da? no1? every1? dem? everyfing? bak? dat? den? wich? wif? hoo?? wat? nofing???

Maybe you should spend more time in English class, this is one of the worst posts I have ever read. If you talk anything like how you write I am not surprised the teachers did "nofing", they probably had no idea what you were talking about.
    Please learn to write intelligently before you post again.

17. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

if u evr git ur Ipod bak, chek dis out:

Attached Files:

18. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

The guy is asking for help. I don't understand why many of you act like immature trolls.

YOU PEOPLE ARE HORRIBLE.

19. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

guys chill out!!
    he's jus new n so pissed cuz he lost his ipod and was just so much in a hurry dat he didnt know how da hell he gotta type..:confused:

no one is horrible here buddy,he just get in here and type a post in popular forums called mac rumors in his own English slag...theres people from all over the world here who cannot understand him or give him any help..so even you think it sounds ''cool'' but that dudes/n!$$a# language isnt understandable by everyone and not everyone here is 12-17 years young..

20. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

There's still no reason for others to critize and make fun of him. Nothing but pure ignorance.

Wish we all could just get along.

EDIT: And for those too lazy to read...

21. shipdestroyer macrumors 6502

Woah, wait.. your friend's wallet has a wallet?

22. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I'm fairly certain that is where ehurtly's post was aimed. ;)

23. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Wow, this is the funniest OP thread I have read in a long time.

Im having trouble thinking its not fake! :rolleyes:

24. bartelby macrumors Core

Whilst I sympathise with the OP, I can't understand why they didn't just write in proper English?
    They'd have got more help and advice by doing so.

I don't think it has anything to do with ignorance. I gave up reading the post after the first couple of lines because I don't have the attention span to decipher what they were trying to say.

25. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I was going to jump in on the "buy a dictionary" bandwagon too, but since that's been sufficiently done, why don't we go on to helping the guy.

First, you need to report it as stolen to the proper authorities. Call the police.

Second, what did you use to buy the iPod? Some credit cards offer theft protection insurance automatically, just submit the appropriate documentation to them and they'll reimburse you.

Third, what about homeowner's insurance (presumably your parents' policy)? Would it offer any suitable coverage?

Finally, and this may be stating the obvious, either buy a $5 lock and start using the lockers that "nobody uses" (!!) or don't bring expensive electronics to school! You may need to swallow the cost of the iPod and chalk it up to experience. Lesson learned. Don't leave valuable things out unattended, even if "everybody else does it".