Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jettrue

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007
That really sucks. :(

Go get a $20 prepaid tmobile phone at walmart and use that while you wait.

vonWachtstain

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2011
Looks like they are constrained by the same problems that a person buying one is having. Supplies are short.

Sorry about your loss but you did leave it behind and that is not some "else's" fault.

Hope you get you new phone soon. Hope you had you phone locked down so no one could get into it!

He is paying insurance so its not acceptable that they dont have phone for him ASAP. Maybe he should call them and tell them money is tight right now so they will get their monthly fee late too.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
He is paying insurance so its not acceptable that they dont have phone for him ASAP. Maybe he should call them and tell them money is tight right now so they will get their monthly fee late too.

Having Insurance does not make this person special when everyone is waiting for it to come into stock!

Just another ENTITLEMENT thread!

*KID*

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Boston, MA
And who's arguing that? T-mo made a mistake. I also said that the OP should be taking it up with T-mo's management or customer relations. My issue with all this social networking stuff is immediately putting a company on blast for every little issue. It's ridiculous. I don't see anywhere in the OP's OP that he dealt with customer relations, spoke with the upper level tier supervisors to try to deal with this matter. Once again it was a mistake and you're coming up with "What if's" and that's irrelevant.

It's called venting and I've seen far more annoying threads on here than this one. I can't count the number of threads complaining about the iphone - some valid, some not.

T Mobile made the mistake more than once. Yes everyone makes mistakes & not everyone goes on to demand a higher up when clearly there's nothing the higher up can do to replenish their stock faster. That would be a pointless escalation & a waste of time.

Clearly the OP made a mistake leaving the phone behind and that's exactly what the insurance is for. It's isn't just drunk kids who do this - I left my phone behind in a restaurant booth and I was stone cold sober a few mos ago. I got distracted & forgot I put it on the seat. Thankfully the bus boy came running out after me with it. Life happens. Thats how/why insurance cos make $. The reason the phone is lost is irrelevant if your plan covers loss.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012

Seems some can only read but can't comprehend. He is complaint about the lies they told him, not that a phone is not available. They outright lies to him. That's not ok in my books.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
It's called venting and I've seen far more annoying threads on here than this one. I can't count the number of threads complaining about the iphone - some valid, some not.

T Mobile made the mistake more than once. Yes everyone makes mistakes & not everyone goes on to demand a higher up when clearly there's nothing the higher up can do to replenish their stock faster. That would be a pointless escalation & a waste of time.

Clearly the OP made a mistake leaving the phone behind and that's exactly what the insurance is for. It's isn't just drunk kids who do this - I left my phone behind in a restaurant booth and I was stone cold sober a few mos ago. I got distracted & forgot I put it on the seat. Thankfully the bus boy came running out after me with it. Life happens. Thats how/why insurance cos make $. The reason the phone is lost is irrelevant if your plan covers loss.

You're taking so much further than anyplace I even left it at. I honestly don't care at all how the OP lost his phone (although I really do wish people would stop using the word stolen when it was their own negligence leaving something behind for anyone to take), I'm not even judging him for that so I don't know why you even mentioned that to me.

And you're only speculating that nothing would come out of getting a hold of a higher up. That's what a consumer is suppose to do when they are getting poor service from the front line. You have no idea what they would've done for his troubles so don't say it's waste of time.

SeanZy

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
so your phone got stolen and you're mad that they can't send you a replacement fast enough?

Lol, this x 100. The fact you told them this was an inconvenience made me laugh out loud, literally.

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2012
New York
That is messed up, they sold the OP insurance and now can't deliver on a claim.

If a company is going to choose to insure something for a premium they need to be able to actually insure it.

They should earmark deliveries of any device in their inventory for insurance claims.

What's the point of getting insurance on a personal mobile device if it can't be replaced in a timely manner? It's useless.

Sorry people bashing the OP, but if you pay for something and then go to use it and it's not available to you, regardless of circumstance, you'd be pissed too.

Imagine your auto insurance doing this to you? It'd probably be illegal.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
That is messed up, they sold the OP insurance and now can't deliver on a claim.

If a company is going to choose to insure something for a premium they need to be able to actually insure it.

They should earmark deliveries of any device in their inventory for insurance claims.

What's the point of getting insurance on a personal mobile device if it can't be replaced in a timely manner? It's useless.

Sorry people bashing the OP, but if you pay for something and then go to use it and it's not available to you, regardless of circumstance, you'd be pissed too.

Imagine your auto insurance doing this to you? It'd probably be illegal.

Who determines what is a "timely manner"?

Also, my wife got in accident in her car. It took two weeks to repair. Should I have made a big deal about how unfair this was?

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2012
New York
Who determines what is a "timely manner"?

Also, my wife got in accident in her car. It took two weeks to repair. Should I have made a big deal about how unfair this was?

Yeah you should, If there was another party involved in the accident that was liable for damage's to your wife's car your wife would have been entitled to a rental. If she was liable for the damages to her car and paid for an additional renal premium she should have been able to use that during her two weeks without her car. However if you chose the company to repair the vehicle yourself, or your wife did, then you may bear some responsibility for the amount of time it took for the vehicle to be repaired. Some auto insurance companies like Geico, in some locations, offer complete claim and repair centers where they immediately communicate the time needed for repairs. I think in some locations insurance companies are even required to back a certain percentage of their premiums with liquid assets.

Here's a quick parallel for you, almost immediately after hurricane Sandy, several major auto insurance companies sent adjusters to start pre-filing claims for their insureds in my area. They covered their insureds losses by way of sending checks in a very timely manner. I know some people got their checks (or their banks did) within a week. We're talking about a major natural disaster here that disrupted power and communications.

T-Mobile, knowing this was a major product release, and selling it through their own company, while also insuring those devices, should have pro actively set aside inventory to cover their insured's premiums. Not to do so is being willfully ignorant to the needs of their insured customers.

I have no idea what the terms of OP's insurance is, but without clear communication from the insurance company regarding the timeliness of the claim it's useless by default. Even the worst body shop in the world would give you an estimate and it certainly wouldn't be "tomorrow" (by way of overnight shipping in the OP's case).

doeboynmek

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
Yes, FMI wasn't working when I went to go check, the last reported location was the restaurant, btw, when I said I drunkenly left it, I wasn't blackout drunk, I just simply had more things on my mind than an electronic, I was wine drunk, so please enough with the bashing about how I lost my phone, things happen, people lose it, this isn't a thread about that.

FMI hasn't located the device so I'm assuming they immediately took out the sim card, or DFU'd the device, regardless they won't be able to activate it which I'm fine with.

I got the higher ups today after an email to T-Mobile, they offered me to comp the loaner phone and that they could forward the notation to the insurance company to send me a phone doesn't matter what color, as long as it's shipped out immediately. That's all I wanted, someone to help me out with something, not a phone at my door when it's clearly impossible. However everyone here is too busy trying to bash everyone that they don't properly analyze situations and believe everyone is just trying to have some false sense of entitlement. The power of anonymity gives everyone a big mouth for no reason. Needless to say, Assurant Solutions has had a BBB complaint filed against them for giving me incorrect information for three days in a row, when I spoke to a manager from Assurant, her only response was, well if you want I'll cancel your claim, is that something you want? That's exactly why I went to T-Mobile corporate offices to talk to them about how their third party insurance companies are handling customers, and filed a complaint against them, not only do they feed me incorrect and false information but proceed to be condescending when I try to voice my concern to them

Thanks to those for the support and who actually gave advice on what my next steps should be, greatly appreciated!

championart

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2014
Hey Thread starter thanks for sharing, i'm in the same boat as you and need a replacement through T-mobile Assurant. When i called up the first day to file a claim and pay the deductible i was lied to and told that they have them in stock so i went ahead and paid the $175 deductible and was told i would receive a replacement the next morning. Needless to say its been two days multiple phone calls no replacement and no answers besides its not in stock and they don't know when. This should have been told to me the first day i called. Have you received your replacement iphone 6 through them yet and if so how long did it take? Thanks

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
As a customer that pays insurance you should be offered alternate options for phones that are backordered in such cases i.e a loaner phone or something along the lines, not just we'll send it when we send it. Please get off your high horse and believe that everyone is just having a false sense entitlement.

I don't recall reading where you said you asked for a loaner phone and explained that you would take whatever loaner phone they might have available until your iPhone could be replaced.

I had a phone break once, and they gave me a loaner phone. Wasn't the same kind of phone, but it was a phone to use until they could have mine repaired and back in my hands.

But, you seemed to think you should magically have an iPhone appear in your hands.

The thing you are faulting them for, is their candid honest conversations with you. I'm sure that they did put in a request for a phone to be overnighted. But, they didn't realize that there wouldn't be one available to overnight to you. Submitting a request for overnight delivery of a phone doesn't make one appear on the shipping side.

If they are at fault for anything, it is being extremely candid and honest with you. They could have just told you they'd order one. It was apparently a mistake to inform you that they put in a request to have one overnighted to let you know that they were doing everything they could to get it to you as fast as possible.

These kinds of complaints are what cause companies to resort to blanket statements like "we'll get you another one as soon as possible, we cannot estimate when the replacement will arrive, check back in a week or two".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.