iPad Stop Complaining!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Milellie111, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Milellie111 macrumors newbie

Got my 64 GB Gold iPad Air 2 from Best Buy last week after trading in the iPad 2 that served years of use.

Reading on here all I see is a bunch of complaining. It seems like folks are looking for issues instead of enjoying the quality experience and superior hardware compared to other offerings. Looking for issues in the screen, vibration from speakers etc. The screen is beautiful! Of course you can look for imperfections and start to believe you see something wrong when you read forums of other complainers. Just like a paint job on a wall. Even the best painter in the world, you will find an imperfection if you scrutinize hard enough. But I'm still impressed by the overall experience of this device I don't have time to be anal and look for the minutest imperfections if there are any. Again, If there are any.

The speaker vibration is a non issue!! I actually like it and am impressed by the sound quality. How do you expect to get bass? The vibration is most likely intentional by Apple engineers to recreate bass and add to enhanced sound. Bass is created by moving air, which equates to vibration. Audiophiles with car/home systems know what I'm talking about. So why can't we appreciate such genius engineering in a tablet?

I just joined the forum and this is my first post on my brand new iPad Air 2. ;)

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Stop complaining about people complaining. ;)

Welcome to MR.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Nice intro thread, but MR is where people come and sometimes complain about things. :D

Enjoy your new toy, I also have one of these beasts myself.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Welcome to MacRumors.

If people didn't complain, this place would lose 80% of its posts.... :cool:

5. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Typical posts on MacRumors:

1. Complaining feature X isn't available for the new Mac or iOS devices;
    2. Complaining lack of RAM;
    3. Deifying Steve Jobs, re-writing history of the Jobs era and relate all problems of Apple products or Apple's direction to Tim Cook;
    4. Promoting competiting products,

:cool:

6. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Yeah, everyone should just suck it up and "deal" with things that bother them because, well, that's what the always happy no matter what crowd says.

OKee dokee.:rolleyes:

7. ELBdelorean macrumors member

I think it's reasonable to expect perfection from a $500+ device.

8. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Do you also expect perfection from your vehicle? Because I see lots of repair shops still in business. Human beings aren't perfect , therefore nothing will ever be perfect.

Welcome to reality.

9. AppleHater macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I don't frankly understand why people complain where
    1. nobody put a gun to their head to buy it
    2. if you don't own one or plan on getting one, what do you care?
    3. if you don't like it, just return it for full credit

I wish the rest of my life had this good of options to pick from.

10. Cvx5832 macrumors regular

I originally got a 64GB Cellular model. Due diligence (whenever I take possession of any new big ticket item) yielded a few small areas of light bleed but no dead pixels, a 3mm ding around the chamfered edge, and a misaligned antenna cover (the white thing on top of a Gold or Silver model). None of these issues got me to even THINK about returning it for another. After all, my wife's Air 2 which we got at the same time had worse bleed but even that wasn't an issue in real world use.

Then I decided to recycle my old 5S (got the 6 recently). The Apple Store guy said he couldn't take it if I didn't buy something else at the same time. So we concluded to get the 128GB Cellular model and give myself an upgrade, get some money back, and return the old one since I was still in the return window.

I was amazed. I'm a believer that "perfect" screens do exist. Although I was content with the old one, I can see why a lot here play the screen lottery. Gorgeous screens do exist and they're out there. The OP may think some people here are just whining but he could have just gotten a good one.

What I learned. None of these issues affect the usability of the device in real world use. If you don't see a problem, don't look for it. That said if you honestly believe you got a bum deal, ask for another one. If I didn't get one to compare side by side due to my upgrade, I would have agreed with the OP too.

11. ELBdelorean macrumors member

People don't take their cars into repair shops because they're defective. Would you just accept a brand new car with a huge scratch on the radio screen? Or with paint rubbing off all the controls when you touch them? Of course you wouldn't. So why is it so bad that people don't want their iPads screens to be yellow?

12. vmflapem macrumors 6502

Out of all the people that buy ipads, how many do we see on this forum complaining? Not many.
    I got my ipad air 2 two days ago, and so far, I absolutely love the experience. My screen is flawless and screen rippling problem never occurs unless I intentionally make it happen.
    This device does vibrate when I turn the speaker on, but I honestly don't care about this - just don't hold it while playing something if you don't like the feeling!

I'm glad i didn't listen to the complainers. I'm very satisfied overall :)

13. katyoshi macrumors 6502

Good point about the car thing.

14. ELBdelorean, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014

ELBdelorean macrumors member

Thanks. I'm not saying don't enjoy it, but if you notice something out of the ordinary, it's okay to worry. Think about it this way. What if you want to sell it in the future to buy the new iPad Pro 3D S two or three years years from now? Whoops! Your resale value is hurt because there's a tiny speck of dust beneath the glass and you didn't exchange it.

I know there are other kinds of complaints (I just saw a thread with complaint about the anti reflective coating) but those are legitimate issues they're having. How much fun would this forum be if every post was someone praising the device?

15. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

If there's an actual defect with an iPad or a car, you take it back and get it fixed, etc. I'm not arguing that, but rather all the people complaining about subjective complaints like a death grip that makes the screen distort or louder speakers causing a vibration.

On the other hand, I can listen to my favorite song, contact people, FaceTime my girlfriend just to see her smiling face, play a game, and access the sum of human knowledge(or lack thereof) on the web.....all on this super thin and light device.

But damnit, the speakers vibrate.... And this death grip really makes the screen look weird. Give me a freakin break.

16. nathan.kindle macrumors member

If i pay for something i expect to get my moneys worth not comprises for the sake of apple and its shareholders.....also how is one to know if there is an issue if they just except what they have? If people dont vocalize issues then how would apple or any company improve their product?. Personally i say complain if you choose to its your 250-1000 your spending. With that said i do see some very dumb stuff posted here but i take it in stride and avoid the ones i believe are seriously silly. Just my own personal view point.

17. badmojo69, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014

badmojo69 macrumors member

Ummm yea...sure okay.
    That being said I returned mine because the vibration was driving me crazy.

18. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Exactly! This must be it! It couldn't be that they made the iPad so thin that it could no longer dampen inherent vibrations. It's not that the Air 2 couldn't defy physics; Apple didn't want it to!

In other news, newly discovered internal Apple memo reveals that iPhone 4 "antennagate" was intentional because Steve Jobs was worried that people were spending too much time talking on the phone.

#RDF

19. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

In actual news, it's been reported that Steve Jobs and Bill Gates indeed limit the technology that their kids use.

----------

So who's the crazy one here? You returned 9 iPads?? You actually thought 9 times that it might get better? Sheesh!

20. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I think that you should buy what you like. If it's defective, return or exchange it. If it doesn't work for you, try something else until you find the thing that does. I understand about wanting to talk about your experience. Just don't complain if you intend to do nothing about it?

21. Nozuka macrumors 68000

it's entirely possible to design a device this thin without it vibrating this much.

but we don't know what their design choice behind it was or if they even realized it would be this big of a problem for some people. or they just decided to ignore it.

but the thinness is not the problem.

22. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

I don't consider it complaining as much as informing. I find out on MR a host of issues that might bother me with a product and then I go into my purchase decision much more informed.

Often it means I alter the purchase to avoid components that would create thing that bother me. Sometimes it steers me away from a product I would not like into another Apple product. Sometimes it just sets my expectations to know what to evaluate over the 14 day return window to see if I care in real life about the issue.

I'm hopeful that someone from Apple reads the threads and uses that as feedback to improve the product but that may just be a fool's hope.

23. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

Good thing you don't wear Rolex watches! Or maybe you do. I've seen guys on that forum obsess to the point of looking at their watches with magnifying loupes to find a tiny spec of dust on the dial. But we're talking $5k plus watches.

I don't begrudge anyone wanting a high quality product for their money but is perfection across the board truly attainable on a mass produced product? There will always be some level of defect. The question is how far are you willing to go to find it? For all the Apple products I've owned, I only had to return 2 and one was a hard drive failure on a 2 month old 15" PowerBook.

For an obvious concern that bothers me to the point of return I surely would. But personally life is too short to obsess over things in life (devices included) that don't impact my ability to enjoy it. I read where one person returned 9 iPads? To me that's means it's not a product for me.

24. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

:D Pretty much. Some of the posts are hysterical. Don't forget...

5. Threads trashing people who don't buy the same model of Apple product as you buy.
    6. Threads about people returning Apple products that say stuff like people who don't return their product because they are Appologists.

----------

Also a good point. I like to know about the issues. I'm in engineering so as with most things it's really about trade offs that I'm willing to make/not make.

25. Dented macrumors 6502a

The fact is, it's all about the experience with apple products, for better or worse. It's a company who famously put insanely detailed effort into design in order to create a great experience and their customers naturally and rightly expect that from them.

The same devoted audience who fully appreciate the curve of this and the millimetre off that will also spot any defect or flaw in the design a mile off, and be as equally displeasured by that as they are delighted by the good stuff, that's just how it is. Apple live by this sword and die by it also.

I have returned far too many I-products over the years due to faulty screens, and why on earth wouldn't you when these products are so minimally designed that the screen - with all its blotches, yellowing and dead pixels - is virtually all you see or interact with?

As for things like flexing, vibration etc - well they're all part of the experience of using the product and if people don't like that experience, then it's a problem and apple have gotten it wrong. Simple as that.