Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'm impressed. I watched your other one as well, the 1-2-3-4 song. I have no advice but wanted to say the videos were quite good.

bs2511feist

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
USA
Well, from what i remember, i probably took about 6 - 8 hours total in pre-editing time (including preparing the shots and thinking of the different things i would do and use) , and then the editing (which required me to find all the pictures i thought shouldn't belong and adjust lighting and colors for specific photos) that probably took another 3 or 4 hours total. But thanks!

I just know i didn't do it all at once, i'm guessing i did it over five or six different days that spanned within all of 2009.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Well, from what i remember, i probably took about 6 - 8 hours total in pre-editing time (including preparing the shots and thinking of the different things i would do and use) , and then the editing (which required me to find all the pictures i thought shouldn't belong and adjust lighting and colors for specific photos) that probably took another 3 or 4 hours total. But thanks!

I just know i didn't do it all at once, i'm guessing i did it over five or six different days that spanned within all of 2009.

Ah an extended project. It's very nicely done :) I do like stop motion, I would like to create a stop motion vid myself but I need to find some time first!

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ben!

Bravo. I'm amazed that someone so young as yourself have been inspired and took up the almost lost art of stop motion. Continue to improve and the world is yours.

your in the lineup of greats like Tim Burton, Jim Henson (yes he did do stop motion early on), and many others. Think of it like classic black & white movies.

legreve

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2010
Denmark
Great work Ben. The video has a good continuity, fits well with the song and in general it just feels thought through.
Approach everything you do like you did in the pre phase and execution and you'll do well! It's rare to see that lvl of dedication in a 12-year old :)

Thanks for the vid.

musique

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
Super fun stop motion video.

Planning, execution, and editing all well done. Good job.

Mr-Stabby

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2004
That was fantastic. Brilliantly made.

The only advice i could give is that when you're shooting your next one, shoot it on a camera which allows you to shoot in a manual mode. When it's on auto, the camera automatically guesses the aperture, white balance and shutter speed settings. But if you set a camera to manual, and set it up so the lighting and so forth is spot on, every time you take a shot the light will never change. You'll notice in your video, the light subtly changes on every shot. Keep it in manual, and it won't do that :)

But that really is a top class video.

bs2511feist

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
USA
Thanks everyone! I'm glad there are people out there that can actually appreciate my interests, most of my friends think it's a waist of time.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Great job, OP!
It's very, very well executed and the themes are imaginative and hang together well. I'm seriously impressed :)

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Thanks everyone! I'm glad there are people out there that can actually appreciate my interests, most of my friends think it's a waist of time.

What you need to do is find a website with people with similar interests.

I like arcade games and cabinets, so I also read and post on the forums of arcadecontrols.com

I'm pretty sure there's a similar website for stop-motion, or at least home movies enthusiasts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.