Stop the whining

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Razeus, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razeus macrumors 601

I swear, some of you need to get lives. It's just a phone. You bought a 3G when it launched. You were happy with it. Just because the 3GS is coming doesn't render your iPhone useless (I've been going strong with my original 8GB model). If you want the 3GS, then pay the money for it. If not, your 3G works just fine and you can wait until your contract is up and then pay for the 3GS.

Folks, this is the way technology is. You're getting upset because AT&T is making you pay more the new phone. ANY PHONE from AT&T (or other carriers) you're going to have to pay more if you want a new phone before you're eligible for the upgrade. That's the way it is. Because you bought an iPhone doesn't make you special or a different class from other iPhone users.

The best way to upgrade is to wait every other generation, not EVERY generation. First, it's cheaper. 2nd, you get better tech every other gen. 3rd, gives you alot less heartache.

Yep, I've waiting a LONG time for the 3rd gen (as I always do) and this is going to be a great upgrade for me. Next year, they'll have the 4G. Will I cry? Nope. Because the 3GS will still work when that launches. And by the time my contract is up, I'll be set for the 5th gen which will have better 4G hardware and Jobs knows what else.

STOP WHINING. Be adults.

2. Tumi 07 macrumors member

I agree with you 110%. I don't know why iPhone users think they are so special that they can upgrade at the low price every year. Anybody with common sense should have seen this coming. I fully expected all along to pay the 399/499 early upgrade pricing all along.

3. buccsmf1 macrumors 6502

Yea I can't believe it either. Grown men bitching because they can't upgrade when they aren't eligable... Amazing

4. Che Castro macrumors 603

Tell'em why you mad son

5. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

i always skip a generation, i have the original iphone so i ordered the 3gs today at the cheapest price. if i had a 3g i wouldnt be upgrading

6. bigchief macrumors 6502a

They're not not allowed to roll around on the floor while they kick and scream at home. Their wives won't let them. So, they come here to whine.

7. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Okay.

But why charge me 699 for the new phone when I payed FULL price for the 3G?

I am not even eligible for this "early upgrade pricing" according to the web site.

Other folks that haven't been an ATT customer nearly as long as me are getting better price quotes than me.

And I have 5 phones on a family plan with 1400 minutes to boot, so I am paying a good bit per month.

8. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Man, it's about time someone finally put their foot down on the internet and stopped the whiners!

9. Knoxville3G macrumors member

I completely agree with the OP. I've got a 3G and will likely use it til next summer's iPhone release, which will likely be the "BIG" revision people are clamoring for....then upgrade! :)

To the OP, enjoy your new 3GS.

10. bry223 macrumors regular

Yet you make a post whining about people whining? You're smart!

11. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

It wasn't that honestly--just the fact that it was unexpected--I was very excited and already marked the day on my calendar only to find out I'd be paying $699 for a 32GB iPhone 3GS

I could have SWORN that the original iPhone did have a 2 year contract....

12. Shabbis macrumors regular

A Windows Vista upgrade costs $220 and everyone here on the forum are complaining about $500 or so, unsubsidized, for some pretty amazing technology upgrades?

[​IMG]

Seriously, who would pay $220 for a Vista upgrade?

I paid an unsubsidized $599 for my original iPhone with no complaints. If you don't like the price, wait until your current contract expires in a year. You should have known that you had two years until being eligible for another subsidized iPhone when you signed the contract.

When did entitlement become the societal norm in America?

13. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

3GS has noting exciting, the case didn't even change, so if you really want to "have the newest device to show off"...no one is really going to pay attention anyway.

Want a dramatic change? Wait another generation.

14. hard-case macrumors regular

hard-case

Um....because it did? Even though it was unsubsidized they still hit you with a 2 year contract if you activated on AT&T.

15. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

But you payed FULL PRICE for that original iPhone.

16. ptsube macrumors 6502

I agree with you 97.8532%(I rounded up).

17. meagain macrumors 68030

Every notice how it's always the 1st gen iPhone people starting these "shut up" threads?

Hey - I don't blame you all for having all that pent up anger having to live with 2g all this time.

18. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

Yes, then when the iPhone 3G was released apparently only people who qualified for an upgrade, new contract OR had an original iPhone would get the subsidized price right? ($199-299)

It's been a long year I can't even remember haha

19. Asar macrumors regular

this is what i was thinking too :D

20. Shabbis macrumors regular

I didn't upgrade to the 3G when it came out knowing I would have had to pay the unsubsidized price since I was only a year into my contract, so I decided to wait. Afterall, I did actually read my contract when I signed it. This is the same reality all the current 3G owners have to accept.

21. iPhoneFreak17 macrumors member

iPhoneFreak17

22. Razeus thread starter macrumors 601

just the sad state our society is in. Full of grown men crying over an electronic device. The forum is a bunch of spoiled brats.

I should quote some of the posts I saw before and during the WWDC.

"They better give me this". "They better give me that". "Enough of the demos of apps. Give me the iPhone". "I ordered it. They better have it to me on Friday."

I've never seen such a display of spoiledness (I just made that word up) and impatience.

23. jdzialak macrumors regular

If I want the phone bad enough, I'll pay whatever it costs.
    I got my refurbed 2g from ebay for around $400 last year.
    I'm not on AT&T and my T-Mo contract was not up. I just wanted an iPhone.
    Still running it unlocked on the T-Mo EDGE network and enjoying it everyday.
    I guess I don't know what I'm missing with the 3G speed, but the wifi is great wherever I can get it.

Joe

24. Razeus thread starter macrumors 601

What anger? I had none. I was laughing at all the people clamoring for the 3G. I knew that since the 3G didn't have any hardware revisions not to mention still not up to par with software that other phones had, the next gen would. I was counting on a better camera, video and some other features announced in OS 3.0. 3G is not much of a concern to me as I'm always in a Wi-Fi location.

25. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

You said it all :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.