Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redking31591

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I looked around and I don't think anyone has asked this yet:

Did apple increase the speed of storage in the iphone 3gs? I have a 1st gen touch that is really slow and take forever to sync but my nano is really fast. Is the 3gs slow like the touch, fast like the nano, or somewhere in between?

iSavant

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2007
Colorado
I don't know about the Touch... but compared to my 2g 8GB (day 1) iPhone, the 3gS is Much faster filling up with tunes and video.

zacheryjensen

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2009
I looked around and I don't think anyone has asked this yet:

Did apple increase the speed of storage in the iphone 3gs? I have a 1st gen touch that is really slow and take forever to sync but my nano is really fast. Is the 3gs slow like the touch, fast like the nano, or somewhere in between?

I made a point about this in another thread earlier today https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/728976/.

My guess is that it's faster and it plays a part in apple's overarching "2x faster" claims because frankly many operations in a device like this are bottlenecked to slow flash memory. Take browsing for example, you're filling the cache first and foremost as a page loads, rendering comes second and may involve reading from that cache before you even see the page once so faster flash memory would be necessary to really boost that speed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.