Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
GREENSBURG, PA-September 1, 2004 — Pennsylvania state police aren't laughing about the person who passed some funny money – a $200 bill with President George W. Bush's picture on it – at a women's clothing store.
Among other things, the bill had a hokey serial number – DUBYA4U2001 – and didn't bear the signature of the Secretary of the Treasurer. Instead, the bill was "signed" by Ronald Reagan, whose title was "Political Mentor" and by Bush's father, who is listed as "Campaign Advisor and Mentor."

The back of the bill was even goofier.

It depicts the White House with several signs erected on the lawn, including those reading "We Like Broccoli" and "USA Deserves A Tax Cut." link
Time to fire up the laser printer and scanner. :D

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
I feel like a moron. I missed the scans of the bill. :mad:
If you look at more than the number in the corner then it is obviously a fake. The serial # and the we like broccili sign in the yard are teh funnay. :D

Attachments

• wpvi09012004reverse.jpg
    wpvi09012004reverse.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,356
  • wpvi09012004200obverse.jpg
    wpvi09012004200obverse.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 3,634

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
quackattack said:
Man, that took stones to try and pass it off. They couldn't have expected that someone would actually take it! :eek:
I once tried to pass a $1,000,000 bill with the statue of liberty on it as a joke at the local supermarket. It said not legal tender on it and there was an 800 number printed on it to order more. They caught it. :eek:

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
iLikeMyiMac said:
I once tried to pass a $1,000,000 bill with the statue of liberty on it as a joke at the local supermarket. It said not legal tender on it and there was an 800 number printed on it to order more. They caught it. :eek:

You realize of course that that is a federal offense and can get the secret service knocking on your door, also that they are the oldest and least humorous law enforcement agency in the country.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
MongoTheGeek said:
You realize of course that that is a federal offense and can get the secret service knocking on your door, also that they are the oldest and least humorous law enforcement agency in the country.

But remember the woman who tried to do that at a Wal-Mart store and wanted change....:D

Pretty stupid in both cases, but someone actually went to a lot of work to make one of these up. I wonder how many more are out there...

D

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
MongoTheGeek said:

I think it might be a toss-up between the Secret Service and the IRS. Not a lot of humor there, either.
Gee, maybe the governement just sucks the joy of life right out of a person. Clearly, they need more Macs.

Earendil

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2003
Washington
powermac666 said:
I think it might be a toss-up between the Secret Service and the IRS. Not a lot of humor there, either.
Gee, maybe the governement just sucks the joy of life right out of a person. Clearly, they need more Macs.

[OT]
And if the CIA used a computer, we wouldn't know what it was. But they don't strike me as power mac guys, perhaps a 12in alum though...
The FBI seems like a more Mac friendly agency. I'm sure if Mulder from the X-Files had a choice, he'd have a Mac ;)

Tyler

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
Funny..

I have spent time in PA, more than I would have liked. From what I've seen it doesn't suprise me at all. There must be something in PA water. Seriously I'm not joking!! :D

Nuc

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
powermac666 said:
I think it might be a toss-up between the Secret Service and the IRS.
Not a chance. The IRS takes care of taxes and such, while the Secret Service handles ALL counterfeit money stuff. Now if you gave them that as payment on any taxes you owe... ;)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That amount should certainly cause a second look. The clue should have been a picture of our current president. It certainly doesn't make sense to go to all that work for an obvious fake.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Earendil said:
[OT]
And if the CIA used a computer, we wouldn't know what it was. But they don't strike me as power mac guys, perhaps a 12in alum though...
The FBI seems like a more Mac friendly agency.
Both have and use some Macs...er., did I say that?! :eek:

Sushi

Brother Michael

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
sushi said:
Both have and use some Macs...er., did I say that?! :eek:

Sushi

Oh you are so on their hit list now...

On topic: That is so funny. Who would do that? I mean how do you explain that to anyone? How in the world to you try to justify accepting a $200 bill?

Mike

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
Saw a funny joke on this on Leno last night. He said that the clerk quicky cought the phony bill, to which the women gaver ger two chaneys and a rumsfeld.

herrmill

macrumors member
Undoubtedly both the woman passing the bill as well as the clerk must be Fox News watchers. I find if anyone believes in that right wing propaganda machine, they'll believe just about anything!

God Save (Us From) The King

"Why is this man in the White House? The majority of Americans did not vote for him. Why is he there? And I tell you this morning that he's in the White House because God put him there for a time such as this." --Lt Gen William Boykin, speaking of G. W. Bush, New York Times, 17 October 2003

"God gave the savior to the German people. We have faith, deep and unshakeable faith, that he was sent to us by God to save Germany." --Hermann Goering, speaking of Hitler

"A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side." Aristotle

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier -- just so long as I'm the dictator." --George W. Bush, 18 December 2000

"International law? I better call my lawyer; he didn't bring that up to me." --George W. Bush, 12 December 2003

paxtonandrew

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2004
I Come From A Land Down Under
I Don't know about you guys in America, but here in Oz, we use plastic notes, similar to your new $20? The beauty about plastic money is the way that makes it hard to counterfeit, and thus making the amount of counterfeiting money rings here less. I believe the prevention to be better than the cure on this issue! Go plastic money!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.