iPad Store pick up glitch

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jason330i, Nov 2, 2013.

1. jason330i macrumors newbie

So ordered at midnight launch.

System said pick available on first day.

Never got pick up notice.

Went to store before closing and was told they have my iPad but can't release to me cause of system glitch.

Am I the only one this is happening to?

2. rtkane macrumors regular

rtkane

Posted this in another thread, but I had the same issue:

3. FuzzyDicePHL macrumors newbie

Ordered my 128g iPad Air at 3:05a on 1 NOV. Got a pickup email for the smart cover at about 6:30a.

After my order status consistently said "available today," I never got the pickup email for the iPad until 10:05p -- AFTER THE STORE CLOSED! WTF!?

Planning to go pick up this morning. Hope it will go smoothly since this experience buying from Apple has sucked so far.

4. jason330i thread starter macrumors newbie

sounds like you guys finally got your pick up notice.

still haven't got mine yet. :(

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Can you just buy another one? That is what I did when they said I had to wait until Monday. Then I cancelled my online order.

Done.

And loving my Air.

6. Mjsavage macrumors member

My issue was with my Apple care. It said was ready to pick up but when went to store said wasn't because of some system issue. Going back this morning to see if fixed.

7. jason330i thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, i would but i used apple gift cards to partially pay for the ipad. so it looks like i am just gonna have to wait it out.

so lame, since they have plenty in stock at my local apple store.

8. Sophia macrumors newbie

Sophia

Yeah, this is exactly my issue. :/ Also paid with a gift card so immediate cancellation and repurchase wasn't an option. I'm still waiting for that available for pickup email one day later.

9. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Yeah - I had to do this as well. Minor hassle, but still got the Air in my hands sooner that way.

10. macmyworld macrumors regular

macmyworld

Same issue and now I have an order I need to cancel since they couldn't yesterday. Frustrating.

11. shortcut3d macrumors 65816

Same issue that I posted regularly on yesterday. Interestingly, my order had two iPad Air(s) and accessories. Everything but one iPad Air was ready for pick up. Spent all evening in the Apple Store vicinity. Gave up a little too soon because I received the shipping notice just before store closing. While I was waiting, Apple gave me a free iPad SmartCase.

The issue is you can't cancel the order in processing until it is available for pick up.

12. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

I received the email about 6am EST after ordering at 3 EST. I picked up around 8:30 and they had a separate line for pre-orders. There was still about 30 in line for the new purchase but luckily none in line for pre-orders. I was out in 5 minutes. Went very smooth. I do feel bad for those having issues though.

One thing of note: initially I had the authorization for the full amount. Today my authorization went away and my AppleCare Plus and the smart cover came out of my account. The iPad Air is nowhere on there. I am sure it will be back on in a day or two but now it looks like I have a lot more money than I really do.

13. jason330i thread starter macrumors newbie

It's Sunday now and still no authorization to pick up my ipad.

14. Sophia macrumors newbie

Sophia

Same here. :/

15. jason330i, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013

jason330i thread starter macrumors newbie

Make sure to call apple and complain. You should get some free stuff out of it.

16. Sophia macrumors newbie

Sophia

Oh I definitely have haha. Combined, they've offered me over $300 in free merchandise and AppleCare+. I'd rather just have the iPad at this point but I can't complain too loudly.

17. wjereb macrumors member

It's a known glitch on web orders. I ordered 2 airs and only one was ready for pickup so I called support and they forced the order through so we just had to make another trip to pick up the 2nd one. I dinged them on the survey pretty good and I just received a call from apple to make sure everything was ok.

18. Capt T macrumors 6502a

I went to the store. They had mine and gave it to me, launch day. There was still an issue with the computer saying it was not ready. But they said they knew I had paid for it and would fix it in the computer later. If the store is close by I would say stop in and check. They can fix it later, in the computer.

19. jason330i thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, when i called, they said they couldn't do anything.

when i went to the store, they said they couldn't do anything.

at least it worked out for you guys.

20. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Does it show your model available at the store? If so I would try the manager. If they have it, they should be able to help you.

21. rxtiger macrumors member

Same thing happened to me. I ordered two, both with applecare +. One iPad showed available for pickup, the other was still processing on Friday. They let me pick both up, as he could see that I had paid, but the computer system was malfunctioning. I received a call yesterday from the local Apple Store verifying the serial number on the iPad that showed was still processing. She said the system had some glitches and she stated she was just following up to make sure the AppleCare got activated on this iPad. As of this am, the second iPad still shows it processing, AppleCare is not associated with it (although the charge has come through).

22. jason330i, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013

jason330i thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for trying to help.

but i am not getting the same level of customer service as some of you.

yes, my store has it, but they cannot and will not help me. i have tried.

:mad:

23. jason330i thread starter macrumors newbie

and today is monday with no resolution.

"we've forwarded your order to the maintenance team. it can take up to 24 hours to be resolved."

of course, they said the same thing to me 24 hours ago.

sigh.

24. Sophia macrumors newbie

Sophia

You're not alone. :( I'm waiting still, also. I keep being told there's no such as 'forcing an order through' and my local Apple Store (Georgetown) still won't let me pick it up even though -they- have repeatedly assured me that it's showing as available to Pick Up until I insist they check their computer and see if it's Processing. So, yes, it's ridiculous. I've gone to the store multiple times as a result due to this mix up and I can only assume that the other individuals in this thread who were allowed to pick up their iPads with a manual resolution on their computer later just have Apple Stores with better management.

25. rxtiger macrumors member

They did let me pick up the second iPad, so I am happy about that. It still shows processing and AppleCare is not linked to it yet.