Store Pickup Confirmation Email?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kmichalec, Mar 15, 2012.

1. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Was just wondering if anyone else who selected Store Pickup for the new iPad for pickup on Launch Day has received their confirmation email? I haven't received anything yet, other than the original email confirming that my order was placed on March 9th, for in store pickup on March 16th at the Somerset store in Michigan. Waiting patiently, but I thought I heard a few others in other posts mention they had received theirs already for their respective stores.

Just curious.

2. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

I actually just got mine yesterday afternoon just a few hours after apple charged my debit card. I would't worry about it though, as long as you got that original email you should be fine.

3. Recon73 macrumors newbie

I thought they were not doing the online in store pick up this time. Option was not available when I ordered.

4. kmichalec thread starter macrumors 6502a

It wasn't at initial order (right after the annoucement), but then it became available only for a short time period. I ordered the next morning (on the 9th around 8:30am), and it was available. About 3-4 hours later, it was no longer available again. So, only a small number of people were able to do it. At the time I ordered, I had the choice of In Store on the 16th, or delivered on the 16th, but since someone needs to sign for it, and I wasn't sure if I'd have someone at home to receive it, I opted for in store.

5. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

I received my store pickup notification email yesterday for the NYC Fifth Avenue store. I called Apple to inquire about the email, and they said it's basically an automatically-generated email sent out whenever the iPad inventory for that store arrives at the store and is scanned into the system.

6. kmichalec thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm. If that's the case, I find it strange that my store for pickup hasn't either received their shipment or hasn't scanned it in yet. Oh well. Still waiting patiently...

7. theone09 macrumors regular

I have the same issue too. My card has been charged, and i haven't got any "ready for pickup" mail yet. I will go to one of the nearest apple stores today and will ask them to see if we can pick my ordered tomorrow. So be patient.

8. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

I ordered 2 new iPads for store pickup.

First one, late on the first day (the 7th). I have received the email for this one.

Second one on Friday the 9th. I have NOT received the email from this one yet. This one still shows a date of Mar 16 online....but it's still processing.

-Kevin

9. theone09 macrumors regular

did you check your online account status? i believe for your first one, it should say "ready to pickup." Just courious

10. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Yes, the online status for the first one shows:
    Ready for Pickup Please pick up your items by March 25, 2012

The second one still shows:
    Processing items
    But the date below still says Pick up: Mar 16

I didn't get the email yesterday until around 7pm....so not sure if the email all go out at once, once per day.

-Kevin

11. theone09 macrumors regular

Keven, I am wondering how come the first one ordered on the 7th and the pickup date is Mar 25th. The second one you ordered on the 9th, but it says pickup date is on the 16th. I am confused.

12. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Both have a pickup date of Mar 16.

The one that's been processed I have to pick it up BY March 25.

-Kevin

13. theone09 macrumors regular

ok! i catch ya! thanks

14. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Just got my second email

Just got my second email for the one I ordered on the 9th!

-Kevin

15. kmichalec thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just got mine too! (sigh of relief)

16. modelbehaviour macrumors 6502

It says pickup by the 25th. That's not the date it's available to pick up from, but rather the last day you can pick it up before it's no longer available.

17. ucdesai macrumors newbie

Check this thread.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1341262