Store stock on 4/24

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by wesk702, Apr 10, 2015.

1. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

What did you guys think the stores will have on launch? I'm sure the whole online thing makes more sense now controlling the crowds and selling more units. It's probably safe to say that some models will be in stock, but do you think there will be bands there? I was really hoping on scoring the brown leather loop on launch.

2. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I think most outlets have said there will be no store stock at launch.

3. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

I thought there was no stock at all in store for 4/24...

Am I wrong?

4. wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

For swizzle? That sucks. Did you hear anything about the accessories though?

5. bulbousnub macrumors 6502

My Apple store confirmed to me today no watches available at all on 4/24 and very limited accessory availability that day.

6. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

Dunno about accessories.

I think it sucks too honestly. I'd love to see a store offering for 4/24. Doesn't feel like an apple product launch without it.

7. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

It hasn't been confirmed. just implied. They aren't making any promises at this time. Who knows what will happen by the 24th. maybe there will be, maybe there won't. maybe only select models will be in stores.

go try it if you need to, order it online and if it happens that the stores get store and launch their Product Reservation thing before you have the online watch, you can go buy that and cancel the online order.

8. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

I have been to Apple stores the day before a launch and have had them "confirm" that there is no stock available only to have plenty available the next day.

Apple employees are not allowed to say how much if any stock they have until launch day

9. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

UK- nada.

Confirmed today. Stores aren't expecting to carry the Watch during the launch period- it's online only.

10. Wildgift macrumors 6502

I think they want to avoid having long queues. I predict nothing in store for weeks.

11. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

They have said officially that orders of the watch will be exclusively online, I don't know how much more confirmed it can be.

12. jcr918 macrumors regular

Some employees say stores will have stock & some won't. I really don't think anyone knows.

My local store said they would have watches and also a customer service rep said they would have watches in store in very limited supply. At this point it looks like we will just have to wait and see

13. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

14. wxnats macrumors 6502a

I think this new approach is fantastic. No more endless lines full of scalpers. I hope this (everything online) is the new way of Apple launching products.

15. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

You are the only one. No one else seems to agree.

Things like an Apple Watch are an impulse buy. The longer someone thinks about it, the greater the chances they will change their minds and this is coming from someone that has 2 on order.

16. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Maybe chargers and that's it .. buying them on the site is 2 - 4 weeks for some and May for the others.

Don't expect to see bands in the stores anytime soon.

17. Andy0568 macrumors regular

Has Apple ever had a launch day like this where they didn't have any products in-store to buy?

18. andrewpturko macrumors regular

andrewpturko

Angela stating the Watch is only available to order online during the initial launch period here doesn't effectively cancel out this statement:

The personal pickup option might just be available come launch on the 24th even if supply is severely limited. Exclusively online doesn't necessarily mean it won't be available to pick up in-store, it could simply mean you won't be able to get it without first purchasing it online - effectively eliminating the mess of massive queues at retail stores. If this is the case, I'll be canceling my June preorder without doubt.

19. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

Apple Watch is an impulse buy? I wish I lived in you world where I could just Planck down $600 on impulse buying.

Personally I agree this online order only is great. And they should do this for all future product launches.

20. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

I think that personal pickup may be available starting 4/24, but it will be extremely limited and difficult to get one by this method. I've rarely been disappointed by a preorder (and was even lucky enough to get my iPhone 4 a day early!) so I went the trusted route. I will look on the 23rd, though if I don't have a launch day delivery of my watch.

21. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Thank god for the hockey playoffs!! :cool: :p

I thought it was online only... but then i don't get the 24th launch date as they can ship when its ready...?
    Apple should have said launched on the 10th

22. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

I think stores will have stock, just not walk in or line up stock. You will have to buy it online for in store pick up. I can't see apple not do this. Employees likely don't know what stock they will get.

23. 2015MacPro macrumors newbie

when i went for the Try-On on Friday in Atlantic City they told me there won't be any available on launch. UNLESS.... Someone ordered the same watch you want that THEY had shipped to the store and cancelled their order.

24. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Maybe I missed it during the midnight preorder launch, but was there an option for in-store reservation or in-store pickup? I just hit the Pay button quickly to get it ordered, and it was defaulted to ship to my home.