Straight Talk cdma and 4G LTE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zo6, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Zo6 macrumors member

My question is can I use my Verizon 5s on straight talk and get cdma service with 4G LTE data? I have the Verizon 5s, but been using it on AT&T without any problems. Verizon has better coverage in this area, but if I cant get good data speeds, I wont change. I talked to ST rep, but didn't get a good feeling that he knew.

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Verizon doesn't let any prepaid subs access their LTE network. I don't know if you'd get Verizon CDMA at all, but if you did, it'd be 3G. Are those good data speeds? Not sure.

3. 869639 macrumors 6502

Straight Talk's Network agreement with Verizon does not include LTE Access, You will be limited to CDMA 3G only!

If that works for you then you may go ahead and purchase the straight talk CDMA activation kit as your phone is compatible.

Be ready for similar if not slower data speeds tho if you are already experiencing slow data speeds on AT&T.

Try the T-Mobile Straight Talk SIM and see if that gets you better speeds...you will have 3G/4G Only --- No LTE but T-Mobile Data speeds are much better than Verizon 3G.