Strange Drunken Wakup

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
1,291
0
I headed to a friends last night with my lass for a BBQ. Ended up in the pub. Wasn't drunk (but quite very very merry). Started to walk home with my lass, ended up in some park area. Next thing I remember is being woken up by my phone, flatmate calling to say my lass just got a taxi home with THREE TILES. There are now three green horrible tiles sitting in my frontroom. WHAT HAPPENED?!
EDIT: That was supposed to be wakeup, not wakup...hehe
 

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
35,753
142
If I understand you correctly, you passed out and your "lass" stole three tiles from you? Tiles as in floor tiles?
:confused:
 

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
15,658
3
キャンプスワ&#
harveypooka said:
I headed to a friends last night with my lass for a BBQ. Ended up in the pub. Wasn't drunk (but quite very very merry). Started to walk home with my lass, ended up in some park area. Next thing I remember is being woken up by my phone, flatmate calling to say my lass just got a taxi home with THREE TILES. There are now three green horrible tiles sitting in my frontroom. WHAT HAPPENED?!
EDIT: That was supposed to be wakeup, not wakup...hehe
You have no idea where the THREE GREEN TILES came from?
 

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
1,291
0
jessica. said:
If I understand you correctly, you passed out and your "lass" stole three tiles from you? Tiles as in floor tiles?
:confused:
No, I woke up...in a park/flat area thing. My lass was already back home with three green tiles.

Sushi - no clue where the tiles came from.

We think we were abducted by Aliens and to cover the abduction they thought of THREE GREEN TILES.

I'm more confused now...!!!
 

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
9,025
1
harveypooka said:
No, I woke up...in a park/flat area thing. My lass was already back home with three green tiles.

Sushi - no clue where the tiles came from.

We think we were abducted by Aliens and to cover the abduction they thought of THREE GREEN TILES.

I'm more confused now...!!!
So you started walking home with your lady, that's the last you can remember before waking up in a park, didn't she realise you were missing?
 

UKnjb

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2005
717
0
London, UK
Hey!!!!! I woke up this morning missing three green tiles --- can I have them back?

Have you spoken with your 'lass' since all of this happened?

And I so agree with mkrishnan, this is the best thread ever. :D
 

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
1,291
0
mkrishnan said:
This is the best thread ever. :D

Can you describe the tiles? Or grace us with a picture? I'm intrigued.
Sure, here's a pic. I had about 6 or 7 cans of Carlsberg (I'm classy me) and then a few in the pub. A friend did buy me a shot of Aftershock (ugh) but I don't think that'd be enough to tip me over the edge. I had been drinking since about 6PM so the drinking was spread out...no idea! My lass added an extra bit to the story - apparently we walked to a Diocese (male version of a nunnery) on the way home. She remembers standing against a tree, me lying down. She said that she woke up, I wasn't there and she got a taxi home! No idea where I went as I wouldn't consciously leave her at early hours of the morning.
 

Attachments

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Regardless of the number of beers (whether you consider that to be low or not) and how spread out they were, blacking out AND apparently going places while blotto are not healthy ideas - especially if you have no idea how you got over the limit and thought you were just merry.

Change something before something worse than ugly tiles happens.
 

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
1,291
0
CanadaRAM said:
Regardless of the number of beers (whether you consider that to be low or not) and how spread out they were, blacking out AND apparently going places while blotto are not healthy ideas - especially if you have no idea how you got over the limit and though you were just merry.

Change something before something worse than ugly tiles happens.
Point taken. I shall start knitting of an evening. :p
 

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
5,730
0
NYC
harveypooka said:
A friend did buy me a shot of Aftershock (ugh) but I don't think that'd be enough to tip me over the edge.
I'm thinking you might only remember the first one...
 

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
4,714
0
Gah! Plymouth
OutThere said:
I'm thinking you might only remember the first one...
aftershock is a fun drink

That is the one with the rock candy on the bottom right?

two friends and i went through a bottle of that ate the rock candy + some glass -_- and a few shots of 151


Then we went out to a party where i went through a bottle of Absolut
 

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
1,291
0
Sesshi said:
Clearly this was a night out on the tiles.


Hmm... Those look like Diocesean tiles to me. The Wrath of God is nigh. Repent thy sins!
Oooooooo! That's bad! I'll go tell my lass that one...hehe

I don't usually get into a state like that, which makes me think I was drugged or something. For me to get so hammered that I wake up in a park with no recollection, I'd of had to have drank more...surely? I feel better now so that's ok.
 

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
1,291
0
eva01 said:
aftershock is a fun drink
QUOTE]

Aftershock is like a sickly, sweet but absolutely rank drink that is a disaster to all drinkers. Stay away. It one of those "might as well" drinks you only have when merry. I've not met anyone who drinks it out of...choice?
 

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
8,021
1
harveypooka said:
A friend did buy me a shot of Aftershock (ugh) but I don't think that'd be enough to tip me over the edge.
Aftershock. :barf:

I had some of that once... along with many other revolting shots, mind.

I don't remember the journey home the night I drank that stuff. I lost my purse somewhere so had to cancel all my credit cards and the following morning I had the worse hangover headache of my life. It was like some sort of concussion :eek:

IT'S PURE EVIL.

I didn't acquire any green tiles that night though. That is just plain weird!
 

OnceUGoMac

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
914
0
I know what happenned...

This sort of thing happens to me all the time. You were walking home and picked up some tiles along the way. However, you got greedy and wanted more tiles, so you left her by the tree to guard the tiles you already had while you ventured forth to gather more tiles. However, along the way you passed out.