Strange iPhone 6s+ Battery Behavior

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BigMcGuire, Dec 18, 2016.

1. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

My wife and I were walking in the park today and her phone just shut off with 50%+ left. When we started it up it reported 20% and dropped like a brick (2% a minute) until I let her borrow my small Anker 3200 mAh charger - which rocket charged the phone (in a few minutes) to 39% and stayed there even after unplugging for hours.

Phone seems to be stuck on 39% now no matter how long its used or what charging is done to it.

I plugged it into my Macbook and Coconut Battery shows health fine (97%) and no obvious problems.

Any advice? Right now I am telling the wife to let it run to 0 (hard to do since the % hasn't changed for 4+ hours even though she is watching videos with full brightness(painful)) - then we'll charge it to 100% and see how it does.

Please note this is a 6s+ not 6s. Has about 187 charge cycles and has behaved (up until now) flawlessly.

Thanks for your time!

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The OP has a 6s Plus. This wouldn't qualify for the replacement program, only the 6s does. @BigMcGuire, did you check the battery usage to determine if this was a contributor to the battery drainage?

3. BigMcGuire thread starter Contributor

BigMcGuire

Nothing abnormal on the battery usage. Her phone finally hit 1% and shut off, restarted and showed 5% then shut off at 3% so we're charging it back to 100% and seeing if this continues. If so we'll hit Apple (we have AppleCare+).

But because we haven't had any problems with this phone (7-8 months) I'd like to blame 10.2 or maybe the super cold weather we're having (18F).

Thanks for the replies, I might have this thread deleted cuz I think it's a fluke. Will report back if we still have problems - if thread disappears - problems disappeared :).

4. Alonzo 27 macrumors newbie

Alonzo 27