strange problem with bbt.com

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kaitlyn428, Dec 19, 2008.

1. kaitlyn428 macrumors newbie

So for the past couple of days I haven't been able to log on to bbt.com to check my account balance & transactions. The first day I got their generic error message saying BB&T Online is not currently available and to try again later, but for the past few days when i put in my username and password and click logon it just refreshes the log-in page. I put in my information, and it does the same thing again.

At first I thought it was an issue with BB&T, but today while I was waiting at the Apple store I was able to log in on one of their display computers. So obviously it's an issue with my computer, not their website.

There are really only two things that I think could be the cause. About a week ago I spilled lemonade on my computer (described in this thread), but it's since been working fine like nothing ever happened. My only other thought is that I'm using a different wireless network than I was a few days ago. While I'm in my dorm I'm on my university's encrypted wireless network, but at home I'm just connecting to my home's DSL connection via wireless router.

Any ideas on why this isn't working?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. kaitlyn428 thread starter macrumors newbie

Already did :( no luck

4. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Have you tried another browser to see if it is a Safari problem? Assuming you are using Safari.

5. kaitlyn428 thread starter macrumors newbie

Firefox worked like a charm :)

Although that still leaves the question of why it worked on Safari on the computer in the Apple store but not mine...

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Try creating a new user account on your computer and logging on with Safari from there. The problem could be with your preferences rather than with the application itself.