Strange Situation

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Kacz26, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Kacz26, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015

Kacz26 macrumors newbie

So... I pre-ordered the 42mm Sport, white band. I received emails confirming this, but- since a iPhone 6 plus debacle last year, i always call to verify after i complete order. Trust me, good practice. According to the first person i spoke to, I was "one of the first to order this model", nice... So-- Will I get it on Friday? He did ALL but confirm this.. "In my experience, you will probably get it first wave". My order eventually got charged and went from processing into preparing for shipment. I received tracking numbers from UPS last night at 10pm, about 2 hours ago my Apple status changed to shipped. My ups tracking still says its "processed and ready for UPS". My money, has been returned to my account (Applecare as well). I called Apple and the man i spoke to said everything looked good on their end, and my bank said the preauths expired..

Suffice it to say, I am really confused what is going on and am curious if anyone else is experiencing this?

Attached Files:

2. verniesgarden macrumors 6502a

verniesgarden

Same here. I'm not gonna complain. I assume they will recharge though. But until then, it'll be fun to fantasize that we got a free apple watch!

3. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

The tracking info should've moved by now if you're receiving it tomorrow. Mine has already made through a few locations.

4. Kacz26 thread starter macrumors newbie

lol...oh right? I'm not gonna spend that money, but- I will pretend MAYBE, just maybe.. screw ups happen.. Problem is, I'm too honest I'd probably try and call and tell them.. Good luck to you!

5. refslady macrumors regular

My Watch has reached my city and I can pick it up in the morning, but my credit card still shows the charge as pending.... I'm going to enjoy the 'I got it free' daydream a little longer.

6. Kacz26 thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought so as well.. It's all very strange to me. The distribution center is only 5hrs and 43 mins away, maybe it will move later.

7. Kacz26 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just updated.. and money is still in my account.. *head scratch*

Attached Files:

8. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

The Southern California deliveries always take a long time to process. The center in Ontario is one of the huge US entry hubs, so they sit there till almost the end of the day. Traffic avoidance plan I guess.

9. Kacz26 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much.. i actually just moved here.

10. Sharkey311 Suspended

Super strange, but I bet you they(Apple) will request another charge to your bank. If you do get away with a free watch, I'd keep it to yourself lest Apple finds out!

11. jelly macrumors newbie

I am in a similar situation in the shipping aspect, not the charge. I was charged the first day.

I still have no updated data on my tracking number. I got the confirmation email from Apple and it states that it will be delivered tomorrow from that email, but so far still at the shipping label has been created on the UPS site.

12. Kacz26 thread starter macrumors newbie

best of luck to you

13. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

No worries.

14. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Preauthorizations have to expire within a reasonable time. It's the law. You will most definitely be charged for real.

15. Techchic macrumors newbie

My story is a bit strange too. I ordered a Sport with White band a few minutes after site opened at 12:00 PST. I can't tell you the exact time because I NEVER got a confirmation email. I ordered a SS with white band a couple of hours later. No confirmation there either. The Sport got a 4/24 - 5/8 window and the SS with white got a 5/14 window.

Never saw any test charges to my debit card 'those little $1 charges they use to test the account.' Both orders were in processing until last night when the sport moved to 'Preparing to Ship'. Check my checking account and saw a 'pending' charge for the FULL amount.

This morning I checked my checking account again and the 'pending' charge was gone. As of now I have still not been charged, but my Sport status moved to 'Shipped' and the Apple Store App set me a notification saying it would arrive on 4/24. I confirmed this on UPS Choice, which incidentally confirms the shipping time down to a window from 11 to 3 tomorrow, but still shows the watch as 'Order Processed - Waiting for UPS.

No movement on the SS with black sports band or the Milanese Loop (band only - 'delivers in May'

Huh???

16. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

Normal. Don't worry, Apple is not going to forget to charge you. Trust.

17. jelly macrumors newbie

You too. I just checked and I had an origin scan in Kentucky about 30 minutes ago. It still says it is on time to deliver tomorrow so we will see.

18. verniesgarden macrumors 6502a

verniesgarden

I finally got charged for my watch I received on Friday!!