Strangest thing happened to ipad and iphone at the same time

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MotionxxUSxx, Feb 28, 2011.

1. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

Around 11:30 this evening both my iphone and wife's ipad went completely black. Neither device could be turned back on with a normal push of the power button. I plugged both into a outlet and still no response. I than did a full reboot by holding in the power button and round button for 10 seconds and both powered on. Each device had almost half it's power after coming on so there is no chance that both died because of a empty charge. This is so freaking strange. Did this happen to anybody tonight?

I also just remembered that our cable box and tv shutdown around the same time as well. It's almost as if a EMP went off shutting down all electrical equipment. We did not lost our lights.

2. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

Hasn't happened to me, but I did hear of massive solar flares happening. It is expected that they will frustrate phones, tv, etc.

Where are you located?

3. MotionxxUSxx thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Iphone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Massachusetts. My wife just mentioned that there was a news story tonight on our local news about solar flares impacting nav systems.

Just saw this article

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/local/solar-flares-bring-northern-lights-electronics-trouble-20110217

4. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

Sounds reasonable to assume some kind of an emp caused by the solar flares then. Yes, we're guessing, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear more of these kinds of issues for a while.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Whoa that's freaky, especially if thats from the solarflare.