street fighter 4

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by plumpan, Mar 8, 2008.

1. plumpan macrumors regular

2. RichL macrumors 6502

That's cool and all but what's it coming out for? All I see is "arcade."

-Rich L.

3. plumpan thread starter macrumors regular

yep... arcade release first sometime this summer.

then most likely it will be coming to ps3/360 soon after.

it wouldn't be a true street fighter game if it didn't come to arcades first :cool:.

4. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Don't discount the Wii. ;) Capcom basically stated that they're not going to be limited by hardware specs, since rules are more important. It's why I still love SF2 over any of this modern blah. But on that note, the videos I've seen of actual gameplay look like something that would be on a Wii.

I'll have to kill if it doesn't come my precious! :mad: La la la. :)

<]=)

5. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

I hope the in game gfx will be cell shaded! :) might be different...

wonder if they were in game shots with the "shaky cam" mode? might make me sick playing LOL

6. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I'm sure whoever you're fighting will be quite happy if you get sick, since they would most likely win that match. :)

<]=)

7. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

HAHA! to be honest I do love the SF series, but for whatever reason (maybe age! :( ) i dont manage to get very far due to the over complex button techniques.
    ok yes, it is age.....

8. plumpan thread starter macrumors regular

i believe the lack of popularity for fighting games nowadays is partially due to the high learning curve for the basics (complex motions, spacing, etc.). in order to even begin to appreciate the game and start having fun playing the game as it was meant to be played, requires high level mind games with an equally skilled opponent... actual THINKING - something the average gamer does not wanna bother with these days :p

heres to hoping sf4 will bring back the golden days of arcades. while this is highly unlikely, i would at least be satisfied if the game garners enough popularity to have a strong, competitive, online player base.

9. plumpan thread starter macrumors regular

10. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

ZOMG that looks great!

I think no matter how hard they tried to keep SF 2d with moving on to imitated 3d it never seemed to work imho and I hated those 3d versions.

this however looks like they may have cracked it :p

11. plumpan thread starter macrumors regular

yep i totally agree with you. they seem to finally have the technology to use 3d graphics and still retain true 2d gameplay!

i also hope that the reason the sf series has been neglected these past years is because of the "old" 2d graphics. hopefully this refreshed look will attract a wide audience.

12. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

It's amazing how Street Fighter is only up to version 4 (I know there's many games!) after all these years.

If it can match Capcom vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001 in terms of speed and gameplay - count me in because it looks awesome.

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I can't believe this game series is still going! And with basically the same characters and moves! LOL and sound effects firmly planted in the early 90s also! :) But it does look gorgeous.

If I can shoryuken with the Wiimote, I might buy a Wii just for that. :D

14. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

That would probably be dangerous. :p

I watched my friend's nephews play Mortal Kombat on the Wii and they were jumping around like monkeys. I tried playing it and got beat by the youngest -- only 4 years old.

Anyway, I have my Cube Arcade Sticks for all arcade fighting action. :) Hori has also released some new Wii Arcade sticks.

<]=)

15. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

What are you pushing 60 with arthritis? :confused: :p

<]=)

16. plumpan thread starter macrumors regular

I might pick up the HORI Wii stick along with Guilty Gear: Accent Core. Here is a partial collection of the sticks I have laying around.

arcadesticks.jpg

17. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Especially if I do it with the strong punch button, and my fist turns into flame! :eek: ;)

18. plumpan thread starter macrumors regular

actually that would require the FIERCE punch button ;) :D :D

19. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Fierce! That's the word I was looking for! OMG, that game! It singlehandedly dropped the GPAs of my two best friends freshman year by a point each.... :D

20. plumpan thread starter macrumors regular

21. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I have SF2 and SF2 Turbo for SNES on VC and Capcom vs SNK. I still play them at least once or twice a month. It's all muscle action. :)

And you have way too many sticks plumpan! :eek: Have you considered sharing?!! And where did the button go.. :eek:

I got mine on eBay for $32 each.

Ken is the BESTEST BEST CHARACTER! Anyone stating otherwise is a liar! :mad: I'm a fascist SF2 player. :)

<]=)

I forgot about Guilty Gear: Accent Core. Tx! :D

<]=)

22. Pine-Tree macrumors member

Pine-Tree

That is a lot of sticks...I had some Hori sticks for both the 360 and PS3, but made the switch and imported a Virtual Stick High Grade by Sega modded to work for both systems since it's originally designed to work only with PS3. This stick is awesome and blew me away. All Sanwa JLF component parts and if you're into Virtual Fighter 5 like me, using the same layout and everything which is a huge plus.

Waiting for the HD version of Street Fighter 2 to hit Live and PSN, and of course Street Fighter 4 whenever it comes out.

Attached Files:

23. plumpan thread starter macrumors regular

lucky!!!! i want that stick.... i wish i had the time to devote to learn VF5. its a great game, but extremely high learning curve... not to mention not much competition for it here in norcal.

im waiting for SF HD as well, but i would be playing it on xbox live as i dont have a ps3.

24. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Surely we can all agree that Mr E. Honda rules the SF2 universe! :cool:

25. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Pfft. You are both wrong. The consensus is that Guile is the best.