Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theimperialdragon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2016
Hi guys,

I have an iPhone 6 Plus (iOS 8.0.2 jailbroken) that is currently stuck in a boot loop. I have tried to enter safe mode by pressing the volume up button (tried with earphones too) but to no avail. The phone will just keep displaying the Apple logo, and after a minute or so, die out.

This happened right after I used iCleaner Pro. I have been using it countless times before and there have been no issues.

I have tried using TinyUmbrella (fix recovery option is no longer available in the latest version). I also have tried Tenorshare iPhone Care Pro for Mac but to no avail.

I am able to get the iPhone into DFU mode and iTunes recognises it.

I do not wish to restore and just want to find a way to get it back on. I am afraid that the OS is corrupted (is that even possible?).

Please help! Thanks!

theimperialdragon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2016
Have you tried using RecBoot?

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried but it's not very much applicable to my current situation.

I tried putting it into DFU mode, and then selecting EXIT RECOVERY, but it then goes back out into the Apple logo, and a minute later, the phone just dies out again.

And other than that RecBoot indicates - "no device connected".

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried but it's not very much applicable to my current situation.

I tried putting it into DFU mode, and then selecting EXIT RECOVERY, but it then goes back out into the Apple logo, and a minute later, the phone just dies out again.

And other than that RecBoot indicates - "no device connected".
I think that you need to ENTER recovery, and restore your device.

Reactions: Applejuiced

theimperialdragon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2016
I think that you need to ENTER recovery, and restore your device.

That would most probably work. But that'd only be my last resort :(

I don't want to loose the jailbreak. Next one's probably gonna be out after iOS 9.3 gets released in March...

Just really helpless that I've tried 20+ times by holding down the VOLUME UP button, but SAFE MODE / NO SUBSTRATE MODE just ain't showing up.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
You just have to face it....you need to restore....jailbreak will come for sure...just a bit more patience.
I am without it for a month now, but it's not the end of the world :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.