Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garciarios

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
I have jailbroken many many times and am currently stuck on exit to safe mode becuase I manually installed the 5.5 carrier file and MMS would work so I reset setting on my iPhone which made MMS work and now it keeps going to safe mode no matter what. I can't fix it so I figured just jailbreak again. I went to iTunes shift + restore and selected 3.01. It extracts then says my phone is not eligable etc etc. Same thing happens with 3.0

I'm pretty much stuck on safe mode unless I decide to go to 3.1 without jailbreak.....

SUCKS

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I have jailbroken many many times and am currently stuck on exit to safe mode becuase I manually installed the 5.5 carrier file and MMS would work so I reset setting on my iPhone which made MMS work and now it keeps going to safe mode no matter what. I can't fix it so I figured just jailbreak again. I went to iTunes shift + restore and selected 3.01. It extracts then says my phone is not eligable etc etc. Same thing happens with 3.0

I'm pretty much stuck on safe mode unless I decide to go to 3.1 without jailbreak.....

SUCKS

Ok hold on, you lost me, you have which iPhone model? Also, what firmware were you in before, what firmware are you in now. Are you jailbroken or unlocked?

garciarios

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
Ok hold on, you lost me, you have which iPhone model? Also, what firmware were you in before, what firmware are you in now. Are you jailbroken or unlocked?

I have a 3GS am jailbrokeb on 3.01 but not unlocked. Stuck on sage mode I don't care if I can jailbreak on 3.01 or 3.0 I'll be happy but iTunes won't let me restore to 3.0 or 3.01....

garciarios

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
First off, Go to Cydia and upgrade everything that you haven't. The Reboot your iPhone.

Post after you do this.

I always keep my cydia stuff updated so that wasn't the issue. I even reinstalled everything one by one including sbssetting and winterboard kept crashing so I reinstalled winterboard and sbssettings. No luck

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
I always keep my cydia stuff updated so that wasn't the issue. I even reinstalled everything one by one including sbssetting and winterboard kept crashing so I reinstalled winterboard and sbssettings. No luck

Do a complete restore then. It'd be easier. You have some conflicts in settings that are forcing you into Safe Mode. Which ones I can't say because of the nature of Jailbreak.

garciarios

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
Do a complete restore then. It'd be easier. You have some conflicts in settings that are forcing you into Safe Mode. Which ones I can't say because of the nature of Jailbreak.

That is my problem I tried to restore but can't. iTunes will only let you restore to 3.1. When you try to restore with shift + restore and I can't restore to 3.0 to 3.01. It unpacks then says it is not eligible. I can't restore to 3.1 cause I am too use to jailbreaking.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
That is my problem I tried to restore but can't. iTunes will only let you restore to 3.1. When you try to restore with shift + restore and I can't restore to 3.0 to 3.01. It unpacks then says it is not eligible. I can't restore to 3.1 cause I am too use to jailbreaking.

That is a problem. However, donyou really need to be jailbroken that bad?

garciarios

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
That is a problem. However, donyou really need to be jailbroken that bad?

You can't go from driving a BMW to a Hyundai...

I love my user wallpaper, clear reflective dock, stack, iquickreply (cough) installous.... Also when the new iPhones come out I unlock and sell my old iPhone to buy the new one.

I wanna jailbreak again using 3.0 or 3.01 so I am looking for a way overcoming the apple eligibility....

lionheartednyhc

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2009
You CANNOT JB a 3GS or restore it anymore, Itunes will NOT let you revert to a previous firmware. It will force you to update to 3.1.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
You can't go from driving a BMW to a Hyundai...

I love my user wallpaper, clear reflective dock, stack, iquickreply (cough) installous.... Also when the new iPhones come out I unlock and sell my old iPhone to buy the new one.

I wanna jailbreak again using 3.0 or 3.01 so I am looking for a way overcoming the apple eligibility....

You know, by being in Safe Mode you also don't get those themes. So it would be better if you just update and later rejailbreak.

iphone3048

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2009

I had this same situation! I love jbraking but had to many stuff so wanted to do a clean restore and iTunes would not let me go back to 3.0 on my 3gs. Now I'm on 3.1 and missing karikae for mutitasking and sbsettings!

Sorry but you have to go now to 3.1 and wait for the devs to get something going to JB.

Btw, you can also take it to apple and tell them it won't start. Ask for another.
They will replace it and hopefully it will have 3.0 installed. Some stores DO still have iPhones with 3.0. You got nothing to loose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.