Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hidendra

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
Indeed, if you need 16 GB of ram then the student discount offsets it perfectly ( 16 GB becomes +$180, QQ )

MauerFan

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Plus my dad gets 15-20% off Apple products through work. Picked a good year to start college!

EpsilonExordium

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2008
Austin, TX
I keep getting error messages on the education store...

There may be some items in your cart that qualify for a discount. Please refresh this page in your browser. If the issue persists, please try again later or call the Apple Store at 1-800-MY-APPLE.

kryptticAZ

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I see the gift card in my cart, but it won't let me check out. Keeps telling me that an item in my cart qualifies for a discount and to refresh the browser window, but refreshing does nothing. If I remove the card, checkout works fine...

skiffx

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
I keep getting error messages on the education store...

There may be some items in your cart that qualify for a discount. Please refresh this page in your browser. If the issue persists, please try again later or call the Apple Store at 1-800-MY-APPLE.

SAME!!! arrghh!!

skiffx

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
yep I removed the gift card and it went through...

Ill add it later as I do qualify...

Jazwire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
Yep , its the gift card.

I removed my card form the cart and placed my order.

Im just going to call Apple and have them manually fix it, just wanted to get in the queue for my laptop.

:)

Configuration
2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
512GB Flash Storage (Prob would upgraded to 768 but made the laptop ship date go up a lot. (5-7 weeks?)

skiffx

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
Same

Yep , its the gift card.

Im just going to call Apple and have them manually fix it, just wanted to get in the queue for my laptop.

Configuration
16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
512GB Flash Storage (Prob would upgraded to 768 but made the laptop ship date go up a lot. (5-7 weeks?)

busterbluth

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
Im having same issue, if I go through without the card, I can purchase it. Im not sure if its worth taking the risk and letting 100 dollar go. I called 800 my apple and they said they were too busy and they hung up! Also, I thought they said shipping today, It says 5-7 days right now. anyone else getting this or am I already late? I wouldn't the demand for this would be as high as with the iphones/ipads.

saleemyas3

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2012
So i shouldnt have a problem calling them and getting them to send one out?

Yep , its the gift card.

Configuration
16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM

Hidendra

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
Im having same issue, if I go through without the card, I can purchase it. Im not sure if its worth taking the risk and letting 100 dollar go. I called 800 my apple and they said they were too busy and they hung up! Also, I thought they said shipping today, It says 5-7 days right now. anyone else getting this or am I already late? I wouldn't the demand for this would be as high as with the iphones/ipads.

it was 5-7 days ever since the store went up. it may just be slated that high in anticipation, it doesn't necessarily mean they will ship *every* order today (but some, maybe a lot, will)

saleemyas3

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2012

5-7 days till you receive it. They will probably ship the expedited orders out today as im seeing 2-3 business days for expedited

JesseW6889

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2010
Plus my dad gets 15-20% off Apple products through work. Picked a good year to start college!

Where does he work? And does anyone know what other companies get this discount or is this just a 'few and far between' kind of thing?

busterbluth

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
5-7 days till you receive it. They will probably ship the expedited orders out today as im seeing 2-3 business days for expedited

ok. still weird. this is what the order page said for me, both lines:

Available to ship in 5-7 business days
Delivers Within 5 days after shipping by Standard Shipping

----------

did anyone get an email confirmation yet?

kryptticAZ

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I took a screenshot of the error and placed the order without the gift card. I''ll just call Apple in a few days...

I chatted with a rep online and she just told me that they are aware of the error and to try again later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.