Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

strategicthinke

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 6, 2014
Rio de Janeiro
i hope I’m not modded by posting this. But I’ve been using the S3 for about 20 days now after 2.5 years with S0 and... omg, this is why the Apple Watch was meant to be. Siri is lighting fast. Apps load so quickly that I find myself using the watch more and more often. It is FINALLY faster and more convenient to check my latest bank transactions in the wathOS app than in the phone. I log water, study time, use LifeCycle as a complication to see how much time I’ve been doing something, I use my watch to log workouts... it’s amazing!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
i hope I’m not modded by posting this. But I’ve been using the S3 for about 20 days now after 2.5 years with S0 and... omg, this is why the Apple Watch was meant to be. Siri is lighting fast. Apps load so quickly that I find myself using the watch more and more often. It is FINALLY faster and more convenient to check my latest bank transactions in the wathOS app than in the phone. I log water, study time, use LifeCycle as a complication to see how much time I’ve been doing something, I use my watch to log workouts... it’s amazing!

I think from where the first generation Apple Watch was and where the Series 3 is, it's all about the speed and battery improvements. Essentially, these watches all do the same thing, but It made the experience far less enjoyable with the lag. And Series 3 with the Faster dual core processor seems to have rectified that.

Last edited:

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
I think from where the first generation Apple Watch was and where the Series 3 is, it's all about the speed and battery improvements. Essentially, these watches all do the same thing, but It made the experience far less enjoyable with the lag. And Series 3 with the Faster dual core processor seems to have rectified that.

Really agree. I had the same feeling when I got the S2 a year ago - As a runner the GPS and water resistance was the killer feature but the added speed has made it way more enjoyable to use

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Bought one last week because of where health and exercise functions have gone with the AW, but didn't expect to like it and did expect to return it.

Well, I didn't like it after all.

I love this thing. This is the iPhone 4S moment for the Watch. Thumbs up!

Last edited:

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL

and once WatchOS4.1 is released you will enjoy the ability to stream music to your bluetooth headset without your iphone.

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010
What are you folks doing with your old watches? Do they have any trade in or resale values? Not sure when to upgrade mine..

Reactions: strategicthinke

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Ugh. This is making me crazy! S3 requires iOS 11, and my iPhone 5 doesn't support iOS 11, meaning I can't use the watch until I update my phone... So the watch is sitting in a drawer waiting for iPhone X to ship. Still using my S0, but every time there's another thread about how much better the S3 is than all the ones that came before I lose all patience!

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
What are you folks doing with your old watches? Do they have any trade in or resale values? Not sure when to upgrade mine..
I sold my series 0 core only (no bands or charger cable) for $100 cash on OfferUp (Gold - 42mm) - there is a big demand for these even the original.

Reactions: strategicthinke

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Great to hear positive feedback on the progression of AW. I finally dipped my toes into the water in May of this year with the purchase of S2 Sport. I've been enjoying it and as I've commented in other posts, it rarely leaves my wrist. This really surprised me as I've got some good options with traditional watches. I'm going to enjoy this one for a while and when the time is right, I'll upgrade.

What do you folks who've been using the AW since 0 or 1 feel is still missing from the 3? Meaning, aside from upgrading hardware, what other functionality is not there that should be?

tonoboon

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2015
I’m using the Apple Watch like watches, telling time . It can give notifications and encourage me to move .
So I think S0 or S3 are the same for me.

Reactions: dhill7

strategicthinke

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 6, 2014
Rio de Janeiro
Bought one last eeek because of where health and exercise functions have gone with the AW, but didn't expect to like it and did expect to return it.

Well, I didn't like it after all.

I love this thing. This is the iPhone 4S moment for the Watch. Thumbs up!
Precisely! The comparison with the iPhone 4S is perfect!
[doublepost=1508074807][/doublepost]
I was going to resell it for about 100 dollars (Stainless Steel Series 0, 38”) but I decided to give it to a friend instead as a bday gift - he loved it.
[doublepost=1508074880][/doublepost]
My S1 is by no means fast. I may try to get another year out of it though.
Every 2 ears is fine. You’d see the difference, but hard to justify having a Series 1.
[doublepost=1508075168][/doublepost]
I’m using the Apple Watch like watches, telling time . It can give notifications and encourage me to move .
So I think S0 or S3 are the same for me.
The thing is, the S3 is so much faster that you end up using it for much more than just time-telling and notifications. It’s natural how interested you get in the apps - I just hope developers will do a better job now that decent apps can run consistently and with an acceptable speed on watchOS 4. There are a few great apps already, though, I use Evernote, OmniFocus, Uber, Hours, WaterMinder, MeuAlelo (Brazilian app to see how much food card credit I have), NuBank (another Brazilian credit card showing me last está transactions) and LifeCycle. All those grid party apps are amazing. And I’m not even mentioning Apple’s own apps like Maps, Music and Mail that are extremely useful - but they have been since watchOS 1 given their privileges in the system access...

Reactions: newellj and xDKP

sslade6752

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2015

After just getting my 42 mm space gray series 3 LTE to replace my 42mm series 0. I found that buybackworld.com will buy it so I’m selling it to them. I’m getting 55 bucks for my watch I would of got 80 but I’m keeping the chargeing puck so I have a spare. I usually sell to gazelle but they aren’t buying watches yet

http://www.buybackworld.com/sell/apple-watch

Last edited:

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
I ended up buying one at 9 pm the s1 and like I've worn it for 7 minutes total and I'm just so unimpressed and underwhelmed. Glad everyone is enjoying theirs. The battery case I bought along with it is impressing me more lmao.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.