Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
I ended up buying one at 9 pm the s1 and like I've worn it for 7 minutes total and I'm just so unimpressed and underwhelmed. Glad everyone is enjoying theirs. The battery case I bought along with it is impressing me more lmao.

Just bought the S1 now? Well what did you expect it to do that it doesn’t do?

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
So you can't upload music from your itunes library to the new Apple watch and play music from the watch using your airpods?

The post I quoted mentioned the streaming feature. You’ve been able to upload music to the watch since the first one

Reactions: ZebraDude

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
Just bought the S1 now? Well what did you expect it to do that it doesn’t do?

I was buying it to try it. There was a few SS S0/2 I had wanted that would work with my jailbroken iPhone and they had no return policy. From what everyone was saying I expected it to just blow me away. It's supposed to be this amazing extension of my phone.

I'm either on my phone or iPad pro and only really needed the watch for notifications on Tuesday and Thursday when my professors don't allow us to use our phones. I use my iPP strictly for school and don't have iMessage on it.

I'm always on my phone..like always. Whether it's for work, school or play. So my watch isn't handy on a day like today.

My main gripe is how uncomfortable it is. I knew it would be uncomfortable since I haven't worn a watch in 15 years but this is just a no go. I hate how the 38 and 42 look on me. Not to mention when I wear the watch on my left wrist it makes my whole arm hurt and tingle (I do have carpal tunnel).

The health benefits don't help me cause I see my doctors every week. Notifications actually ended up annoying me. I forgot I get like 10-15 notifications a minute and hearing my watch and feeling the vibration didn't keep me happy either. I should've just really thought out my purchase more. I thought I did but apparently I haven't.

I can easily adjust between the 7+ and 8 in like 5 minutes but this watch is meh. I'll just return it and buy some hair extensions.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
I'll just return it and buy some hair extensions.

o_Oo_Oo_O

It seems like you are way too addicted to your phone and could use some time away from it - and I don’t know what you read before purchase but the usecasr you mention doesn’t really sound like there is use for it

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
The thing is, the S3 is so much faster that you end up using it for much more than just time-telling and notifications. It’s natural how interested you get in the apps - I just hope developers will do a better job now that decent apps can run consistently and with an acceptable speed on watchOS 4. There are a few great apps already, though, I use Evernote, OmniFocus, Uber, Hours, WaterMinder, MeuAlelo (Brazilian app to see how much food card credit I have), NuBank (another Brazilian credit card showing me last está transactions) and LifeCycle. All those grid party apps are amazing. And I’m not even mentioning Apple’s own apps like Maps, Music and Mail that are extremely useful - but they have been since watchOS 1 given their privileges in the system access...

Dark Sky works really nicely on the watch.

Last edited:

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
What are you folks doing with your old watches? Do they have any trade in or resale values? Not sure when to upgrade mine..

Traded my S0 in at Best Buy for $85.
[doublepost=1508094361][/doublepost]
I was buying it to try it. There was a few SS S0/2 I had wanted that would work with my jailbroken iPhone and they had no return policy. From what everyone was saying I expected it to just blow me away. It's supposed to be this amazing extension of my phone.

I'm either on my phone or iPad pro and only really needed the watch for notifications on Tuesday and Thursday when my professors don't allow us to use our phones. I use my iPP strictly for school and don't have iMessage on it.

I'm always on my phone..like always. Whether it's for work, school or play. So my watch isn't handy on a day like today.

My main gripe is how uncomfortable it is. I knew it would be uncomfortable since I haven't worn a watch in 15 years but this is just a no go. I hate how the 38 and 42 look on me. Not to mention when I wear the watch on my left wrist it makes my whole arm hurt and tingle (I do have carpal tunnel).

The health benefits don't help me cause I see my doctors every week. Notifications actually ended up annoying me. I forgot I get like 10-15 notifications a minute and hearing my watch and feeling the vibration didn't keep me happy either. I should've just really thought out my purchase more. I thought I did but apparently I haven't.

I can easily adjust between the 7+ and 8 in like 5 minutes but this watch is meh. I'll just return it and buy some hair extensions.

Interesting...

-What type of band came with yours? A different band or loosening it might reduce pain.
-You can toggle or setup which notifications actually come to your watch. It sounds like yours is on “mirror my iphone”.
-The Watch is an extension of your phone, but for minimal tasks or quick things that won’t require you to pull out your phone.

Maybe you need a little more time to play around with it and get adjusted to it. Maybe there’s something you’ll like about it? Workouts? Music syncing?

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
o_Oo_Oo_O

It seems like you are way too addicted to your phone and could use some time away from it - and I don’t know what you read before purchase but the usecasr you mention doesn’t really sound like there is use for it

My phone helps me avoid spending more money than I already do. If i wasnt on my phone a lot I'd probably be on 2-3 more meds.

I'm just bummed, no  watch for my 7+ :/

Shawn Parr

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2008
Those of you that upgraded from Series 0 to Series 3, how is the volume on the built in speaker for calls? I played with maybe 2 calls on my S0 and while the other end could hear me great, I had to hold the watch next to my ear to be able to participate.

Since one of the big features being touted on S3 is the calling capabilities have they increased the volume enough to make it actually work? Or maybe on another Series before 3 and after 0?

When I got my S0 I told myself I’d wait for the 4th gen to upgrade, since most iOS devices get great on the 4th gen (iPhone 4, iPad 4th gen, Apple TV 4th gen, etc). Sounds like the S3 has a lot of benefit, but I’m curious if I should go ahead and hold out for S4.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Those of you that upgraded from Series 0 to Series 3, how is the volume on the built in speaker for calls? I played with maybe 2 calls on my S0 and while the other end could hear me great, I had to hold the watch next to my ear to be able to participate.

Since one of the big features being touted on S3 is the calling capabilities have they increased the volume enough to make it actually work? Or maybe on another Series before 3 and after 0?

When I got my S0 I told myself I’d wait for the 4th gen to upgrade, since most iOS devices get great on the 4th gen (iPhone 4, iPad 4th gen, Apple TV 4th gen, etc). Sounds like the S3 has a lot of benefit, but I’m curious if I should go ahead and hold out for S4.

Much much louder on the S3. I can easily have a conversation on the watch in the car now without feeling like I need to hold it up right next to my face.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Why is the price of the Apple Watch series 3 less expensive than the Apple Watch series 2?

In other words, for the GPS only version size 42 if I were to purchase a refurb series 2 gps 42 it cost $469.00 while the series 3 42 size brand new cost $359.00

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
This is my first day wearing my gray Edition Series 3 AW, and I love it. It's certainly the most impressive gadget I've ever had. I was away from home without my phone (which was off) and simply told Siri to call my wife. The call was made instantly. It's miraculous.
I can't get over the silly threads and Google reviews dealing with the red top on the crown. How silly!

tonoboon

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2015
The thing is, the S3 is so much faster that you end up using it for much more than just time-telling and notifications. It’s natural how interested you get in the apps - I just hope developers will do a better job now that decent apps can run consistently and with an acceptable speed on watchOS 4. There are a few great apps already, though, I use Evernote, OmniFocus, Uber, Hours, WaterMinder, MeuAlelo (Brazilian app to see how much food card credit I have), NuBank (another Brazilian credit card showing me last está transactions) and LifeCycle. All those grid party apps are amazing. And I’m not even mentioning Apple’s own apps like Maps, Music and Mail that are extremely useful - but they have been since watchOS 1 given their privileges in the system access...

I know , I've S3 LTE . But how often people using app on the watch . I'm not saying running the app on S3 no good .
But I still love S0 , the new CPU just make Apple Watch more comfortable .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.