subscribed threads cannot be viewed?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by zoran, Jan 28, 2016.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

Before the forum changed looks and usability, i remember that i used to click on the subscribed threads and i would be able to see my subscriptions etc. etc.
    Now i cannot find such a feature,or is it hidden?
    Even if i go to "Conversations" i still cant see all of my threads because in there there is a link "This is a list of the 50 most recently updated threads with unread replies that you are watching. There may be more to view." and only when i hit that i get to see my threads in order!
    I think in that case, the older forum was more user friendly and usable!

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Screen shot 2016-01-28 at 8.14.28 μ.μ..png
    Yes i have, shouldn't i get the list right away? Isn't it frustrating that one has to click on "Show all watched threads" to view them all instantly?

4. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The standard view only shows the threads with new and unread posts and hides the ones you have already viewed.

5. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Is there some way to make it show all threads?

6. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

7. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Yes, click the Show all watched threads link. :D

8. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

I don't see the reason why not to show directly all the subscribed threads. Since one gets a notification of new replies and there is a link that will transfer to the new reply, what is the point to have a hidden option of showing all the threads? Don't we all go to our new replies from our emails?

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

I'm guessing it's probably because most people are primarily interested in seeing new things in threads they subscribe in vs. revising subscribed threads that they've already read and there's nothing new (unread) in them.

10. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

But when a new reply is made to one's thread, the first thing that one will see, is the notification in his email, unless one prefers to stay logged in the forum waiting for a reply, which i do not think users prefer to do so! So i still believe that the "show all watched threads link" isn't really needed.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not everyone subscribes to email updates for all threads that they watch or even any threads, so perhaps that plays into it. I personally don't even subscribe to site alerts for watched threads, the only way I know there are new posts in threads I watch is by going to watched threads and seeing a list of threads there. Others probably use it all differently perhaps. I guess it's down to the forum software creator as to what is the more typical scenario that should be supported and whether or not there are options to modify that by the consumers of that forum software (not sure if that exists for what's used here at MR).

12. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

ok C DM you got me covered with that explanation of yours. If only the forum software creator could leave that up to the user, a setting perhaps, so that he could make the decision on how he likes it to appear everytime he logs in (just a thought).