Substrate 0.9.5000 has been released, with support for iOS 7 and ARM64. (For extensions to work on ARM64, they must be recompiled to ARM64.)
I'm new to iOS, coming over from Android. I've been dying to JB but was told to wait for MS to be updated, don't really know what it is but was told it's very important to the whole process.
Anyways, it was just updated and now supports iOS 7 and ARM64 like you mentioned. Does the 5s = ARM64? And does that means even though MS was updated to ARM64, still no tweaks will work on the 5s until these devs update there tweaks to work with ARM64? Am I understanding that correctly, lol? Should I wait to JB since no tweaks are compatible with the 5s yet? I'm guessing a few tweaks work for the 5s but most prob dont?
Thanks for the help.
You might as well jailbreak now. You can install tweaks, but they just probably won't work. They'll probably mostly either be updated within the next week, or they're abandonware and will never work on iPhone 5S, iPad Air, and iPad Retina Mini. I've jailbroken my iPad Retina Mini (also ARM64) and a quite a few tweaks already work, e.g. Activator. Just don't try adding themes yet.
Also be aware that once Apple puts out a new OS version, you will no longer be able to go back to 7.0.4, and thus you will no longer be able to jailbreak (until a new version is released, if a new version is ever released for 7.x). I haven't done Winterboard Themeing since 4.x due to this--at least historically, if you had a lot of different themes and tweaks installed they could really make the phone unstable as hell and require a restore to fix. Maybe it's better now. I've never had a problem with phone instability beyond theme installations, but almost the only things I use now are tweaks to speed up the phone (ugh, the animations are so slow) and Activator.
Awesome. Unfortunatly every app will have to be updated for 64bit it seems. Tried about 5 tweaks. Nothing worked on the 5s.
Ok, I understand. I am confused about the part where Apple releases a new OS say 7.1 or whatever and I can't go back to 7.0.4. Are you saying if I JB on 7.0.4 now and a new OS comes out in a few months that I won't be able to update to that new OS unless I want to lose JB? So if I update I lose JB and then I'll be stuck on "7.1". Only way to JB is wait for evaders to rls a JB for 7.1 I wont be able to go back to 7.0.4? It's 5am so that is prob why I'm not understanding. Did I get it correct?
Too bad most apps aren't updated yet to support new substrate.
MyWi doesn't work.
I actually find this to be a stupid thing to say.
How can they update there apps without MS working correctly? This is like which came first the chicken or the egg? MS certainly needs to come first.