SUCCESSFUL Leopard Upgrade???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gnownayr, Oct 26, 2007.

1. gnownayr macrumors regular

I have a copy of Leopard coming to me hopefully on Monday. As it is an Up-to-Date copy and I believe I have to "Upgrade," I am wondering how many people so far have UPGRADED to Leopard successfully without the blue screen issue? Many people have posted about their problems but it is difficult for me to see how wide-spread the issue is if people aren't talking about their successful upgrades. Your comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I upgraded, and it worked mostly fine.

It was a bit slow right after the update. a lot of disk swapping, but that has passed.

Everything seems to be as is... though I think I've run into a couple of off non install issues. Firefox doesn't work with Apache authentication.

arn

3. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

MacBook upgrade a success (so far - still working through some of the apps - but the key ones like the CS3 suite all fire up fine).

The blue screen - got that. I just waited a few minutes. I could hear the HD churning away so it was obviously doing something. Performace once things come back is a bit slow because Spotlight is reindexing everything.

I did an Archive and Install btw. I'll probably update my Mac Pro in a few days once I've given Leaopard more of a workout.

With the blue screen - I think people are just being impatient and Apple goofed by not putting some kind of progress indicator in that part of the upgrade.

Note - this is a year old system that has the CS3 suite, Parallels, iWork 08, and iLife 08 on it. Had to reinstall Parallels to get it to work, but it is much snappier now.

4. Whoshnot macrumors member

I did an upgrade of my alu iMac yesterday, and I had no problems whatsoever.
    Granted my mac is only a month old so that might be the reasons why I am not suffering from severe difficulties :)

Some applications no longer work though, but I guess that is just a software related matter so not caused by my system itself.

5. Halsey12 macrumors regular

Successful upgrade on a 2.4 MacBook Pro. Lots of fans running... but it's snappy and spaces is great.