HomeKit Sudden Leviton Issues?

kylew1212

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2017
Huntsville, AL
Anyone having any Leviton issues today? I have many Leviton switches, but today 4 of them just randomly quit working. Not just from homekit but even the physical switch functionality isn’t working.

inkahauts

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2014
I had that a few weeks ago. I think it was a bad firmware update process that killed it. Flipping the breaker off and waiting a bit and turning it back on do nothing. Hold reset button did nothing. Called them. They sent me a replacement free of charge. And an additional one because of the inconvenience.

Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I have two and after the last firmware, either or both are randomly showing as “No Response” in HomeKit and/or not working with the Leviton app. The physical switch still works so not the same issue as yours but an issue nonetheless. Frustrating as they are tied into a few scenes and automations. I been meaning to make a post about this.

Last edited:

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I feel since the update 3 weeks ago I've had my Leviton switches and dimmers systematically become unresponsive.

Currently....

IMG_0362.PNG

Power cycling the switch at the breaker seems to fix them.

IMG_0364.PNG IMG_0363.PNG

I have about 25 of them and I've been very fortunate up until now with only having an issue once a year or so since I installed them. Hopefully its something related to the update and once I've reset each one they will continue to work.

Itinj24

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I feel since the update 3 weeks ago I've had my Leviton switches and dimmers systematically become unresponsive.

Currently....

View attachment 894385

Power cycling the switch at the breaker seems to fix them.

View attachment 894387View attachment 894386

I have about 25 of them and I've been very fortunate up until now with only having an issue once a year or so since I installed them. Hopefully its something related to the update and once I've reset each one they will continue to work.
Which update are you referring to? The Leviton firmware or iOS? They were around the same time I think.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Which update are you referring to? The Leviton firmware or iOS? They were around the same time I think.
The last iOS update on Jan 22 2020 coincides with my issues however that could be purely coincidence.

I updated the switches/dimmers firmware to 1.4.32 back in September. Seems like a stable build up until recently.

Itinj24

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2017
New York
The last iOS update on Jan 22 2020 coincides with my issues however that could be purely coincidence.

I updated the switches/dimmers firmware to 1.4.32 back in September. Seems like a stable build up until recently.
Ah ok. I just got the same Leviton firmware update a few weeks ago. Wonder why it took so long for mine to push.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Ah ok. I just got the same Leviton firmware update a few weeks ago. Wonder why it took so long for mine to push.
Because the app is crap (IMO). They bundle firmware updates in with app updates. Its added to the update list and very easy to overlook.

If the firmware sent with the app is > your accessories the list will populate with accessories (items). Since they rarely push updates this method is far easier/cheaper then the app downloading firmware updates on its own. When the next update comes out all they will need to do is replace 1.4.32 in the app and re-upload the app to the app store.

IMG_2BEC340DEE93-1.jpeg

Reactions: Itinj24

kylew1212

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2017
Huntsville, AL
As an update to this, I have 4 switches which I have been unable to update to the 1.4.32 firmware.
I had tried again to update these switches before the issue occurred.

I killed power to all the switches using the breaker, and they have started working again. However I am still unable to update the firmware.