Suggested Apps in App Switcher?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Traverse, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

Out of curiosity, have any of you started seeing any benefit from Siri's proactive features?

I remember the article on MacRumors where you'd have apps appear in the app switcher with "Good Morning" and music would automatically play when you plug in your headphones, etc. Well, I wake up everyday at the same time and check Reeder, Mail, and Safari and I've never seen those as suggested apps. The apps listed in Spotlight search are always my 4 most recently used apps.

I don't really care, but I'm wondering if this is a bug or if anyone is seeing any of those benefits?

EDIT: it was the proactive suggestions from this MacRumros. I've never seen any of this. I know iOS 9 is only 5 days old, but since I follow the same routine I was wondering.

2. GrumpyTrucker macrumors 6502a

yeah, it does seem that Spotlight shows the most recently used apps rather than suggesting ones it thinks you might need. When I connect to my car Bluetooth I do get a Maps notification telling me X minutes to Y Traffic is normal/unusually heavy right now but don't get playlist suggestions. At best I get an app suggestion in the lower left.

3. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

I remember the "good morning" thing from iOS 9 beta....wonder what ever happened to it. o_O

4. FloridaGary macrumors regular

I turned it off since I didn't use it over the past 5 days.