Suggestion: Sub forums in iPhone and iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by bc008, Oct 11, 2007.

1. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

One for Hacking to iPhone/iPod Touch.

having the general discussion forums of each filled with hacking threads is getting a bit old, and depending on if these forums are going to stay this busy with hacking threads, maybe there should be a hacks/mods forums for each?

just my 2 cents.. :)

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This might clean up a lot of the mess that spills out between the hackers and anti-hackers.

3. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

yeah, but it might look like we're endorsing hacking. Remember, we want to get invited to media events.

edit: or do we?:confused:

4. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I agree that a sub-forum that makes it look like we're encouraging hacking is not a good thing for MR.

5. shoelessone macrumors 6502

I agree that this would be a good idea.

I also personally like it's about time to start cutting down the number of iPhone forums.

just have

iPhone
    ---iPhone hacking

iPod Touch
    ---iPod Touch hacking

OR, even something liek this:

iPhone
    iPod Touch
    iPhone + iPod Touch Hacking
    then, in the iPt/iPhone forum have iPhone: and iPod Touch: thread tags so if there is an issue specific to one or another, they can be seperated.
    my 2 cents.

6. MisterEd macrumors 6502

I agree, in the last few days the iPod Touch forum has exploded and it's now pretty hard to filter out the general iPT posts from the 'hacking' ones.
    Why not just have a sub-forum entitled "iPod Touch Customization" or something similar. I think it would make things a lot easier.

Ed

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I don't think we get invited to media events anyway. I think that the only ones MacRumors has live coverage of are ones anyone can pay to get into.

8. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Is the state of iPod Touch customization so different from iPhone customization that it wouldn't make sense to somehow lump them together?

And yeah, we don't get invited to media events regardless, so that's no a concern.

arn

9. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

well, i do like the idea of just having a general "modifications" forum for the iPt and iPhone.

I do also agree with shoelessone that said there is too many iphone forums, but i do like where the iPod touch forums new home is :)

10. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Right now, I like the sound of this version:

Wasteland
    ---iPhone
    ---iPhone hacking

Wasteland
    ---iPod Touch
    ---iPod Touch hacking

;)

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

And ban all mention of said forums.:cool:

12. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

I just wandered into the feedback forum to post this same suggestion, only to see this has already been suggested.

Someone in another thread in the iPhone forums made this comment:

Anyway... It got me thinking the PSP isn't that much different than the iPhone and the 2 communities (hackers / non hackers ) should really have their own separate places to flounder in. They kind of tend to bump heads, you can see that in the main iPhone fourm now.

IMO, The justification for a separate iPhone hacking sub forum is that it looks like that subject is going to continue to grow as well as the iPhone hacking community... and exponentially as the dust settles.

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

You can make as many sub forums as you want but that won't stop the spam and trolling.

14. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

although probably based on more than this, thanks :)