Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ratbrain

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2010
Comic Zeal puts comics in bins (kind of like folders) if you name them right. For instance if you needed a bin named "Archie and Me", you could rename them like

Archie and Me ~ 12 - 1969.cbr
Archie and Me ~ 13 - 1969.cbr

and so forth.

thanks for the tips/suggestions.

question, does zeal handle the transfering thru itunes? do you create the folders on your pc/mac and then sync thru itunes or do you manage the creation/naming of folders within the app on your ipad?

then do you need to move files around on the ipad itself also?

i just want to have an idea of how much control/work it will be to manage everything with a minimum level or organization.

Thanks in advance!

timothevs

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
FL
thanks for the tips/suggestions.

question, does zeal handle the transfering thru itunes? do you create the folders on your pc/mac and then sync thru itunes or do you manage the creation/naming of folders within the app on your ipad?

then do you need to move files around on the ipad itself also?

i just want to have an idea of how much control/work it will be to manage everything with a minimum level or organization.

Thanks in advance!

Yes CZ requires transfer via iTunes, but there are other methods to get it on the device as well. I am not versed with those or how well they work. iTunes transfer works greatly!

The way it works is that if you want a folder (called collection) in Comic Zeal named "Archie and Me", you would name all the files on your Mac with the prefix "Archie and Me ~".

To clarify My personal scheme is as follows:-

Year ~ Comic Name - Month - Issue #.cbr

so, two comics Archie and Me (November 1969), issue 42, and Life with Archie (December 1969), issue 21, I would name as -

1969 ~ Archie and Me - 11 - 42.cbr
1969 ~ Life with Archie - 12 - 21.cbr

This creates a folder in Comic Zeal once it has finished importing - called 1969, and places the two comics within. Hope that clarifies things.

MKCustodial

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2014
Hello, all.

I recently bought a 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display, and I need a new comic reader. Up until now, I used ComicBookLover, but it's screwing up all the colors and page sizes.
I'm a translator, and I use the reader for work. I need a reader that allows me to resize the window so I can open it side by side with Word, and I also need the ability to create lists so I can schedule all my work load. I've tried several free programs, but none of them seem to do what CBL does, and I have no issues with getting a paid software. Do you guys have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.