Sunday Apple Store Line Reports

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SqB, Jul 13, 2008.

1. SqB macrumors 6502

I'm thinking about packing up the family and heading down to Millennia here in Orlando. Are any of you already in line out there today? What's it looking like across the country today?

2. Kurt871 macrumors member

Does anyone know if any Apple Stores (specifically ones in malls) are opening early today? Gonna head out soon but they don't usually open til 11, so I'm not sure what the situation will be like.

3. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

I'm heading out to the Oakbrook, IL Apple store. Hopefully the inventory status, which shows all green, is actually accurate today. I'm hoping they received a shipment yesterday sometime.

Gotta go get a prepaid visa loaded up for the purchase though so I gotta wait till 8am when Walgreen's opens.

Don't know what time the store actually opens (other than the usual 11am on their site).

4. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

Tyson's Corner: The line is about twenty people so far. I got here at 7 AM and I'm #4. I called last night and was told the store was going to open at 9 AM, but everything we've heard so far from the employees is that the store is opening at the usual time of 11 AM.

5. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

I think I am going to head out to La Canterra Apple Store in San Antonio...They have all greens in the status web site. Anybody headed there?

They open at 12 pm and close at 6pm

6. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I was at the La Cantera store yesterday. See my reports towards the end of this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=501210

or this post in that thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=5797616&postcount=90

Basically, if there is a line, expect to wait quite a while. Activation doesn't take long but it takes a bit to get through the entire process of the sale.

7. forrest368 macrumors member

Wait you're at Tysons Corner Virginia??? I just called there and they said they had none left?!?!?:eek: Can you PLEASE ask them if they have 16GB Black, just to double check???

8. xjohnx macrumors newbie

Tyson's online availability said they had black 16GB in stock for when they opened this morning, they may have been accounting for the people in line when they told you no.

9. forrest368 macrumors member

Can you PLEASE ask because I'm calling now and no one will answer! I didn't trust that online availability thing because in my experience so far it has been wrong every time and Tysons is a bit of a drive from my house. PLEASE ASK FOR ME!!! PLEASE! How many people are in line?

10. forrest368 macrumors member

Sorry buddy I hope you're not waiting for a Black 16GB too because I just called again and he said they definitely only have white and black 8GB.... no Black 16GB. ONCE AGAIN the online availability was wrong. Do let me know if someone manages to grab one and the guy was in fact lying to me though.

11. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

I just picked up a 16 GB white. I can confirm that Tyson's does not have 16 GB in black. The manager came out earlier and told everyone in line. The line is getting pretty long ... at least 100 - 150 people.

12. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Atleast your energy isn't blinding you, perhaps they had less than 10 in stock, so marked they had them, maybe they even only had one. Seriously, you're a vicitm, you've got to be kidding.

You're also looking for what appears to be the most popular model!

13. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

was thinking about paying my AT&T store another visit this fine Sunday... not sure if they'll even have any more iPhones...

14. bry223 macrumors regular

Im gonna try Mon/Tues for sure, I want to go to the apple store in Rancho Cucamonga today, but its my neices birthday, if the line wasnt that long I'd try to get over there and back before the party

15. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

Does anyone have any info on lines at the apple stores in pentagon city or clarendon? Thanks for any help

16. meagain macrumors 68030

17. tekmoe macrumors 68000

At willow bend mall in plano, tx. I got here around 9:15am and was about 50th in line. The line now is 300+ deep. I'm almost to the front of the store. It is noon right now.

18. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

as of about 11:55am Oakbrook, IL is out of 16GB Black.

Started at 8:30am at around #30 in line. They opened at 11am.

Got to #3 in line before they sold out. Doh!

Going back tomorrow when everyone is hopefully working.

They said they still have a few 8GB Black...and a lot of 16GB White. They initially announced that they only had a few 8GB and 16GB Black and that me and like 3 other people were at risk of not getting one. They called it pretty damn close. The sense I got from what they said about 16GB White was that they had enough to fill demand in line even if they got 200 people in line.

19. player2 macrumors member

Is everyone buying the phone from an Apple store?

I would think most people would have to go to AT&T since there are not that many Apple stores around

20. bry223 macrumors regular

ATT stores were sold out on day 1, they only got in an avg of 20-40.

21. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

I got to the La Caterra Apple Store in San Antonio (SA) at 11:45am...there were about 12 people in front of me..Chris tipped me off that there were only 5 people in line at 11 am.

At 11:50 the Apple Store manager came out and said "No mas.....No Apple Iphones we are all sold out! Check back monday!"

Dang..well at least I only stood in line for just 5 mins.

I can say I stood in line for the jesusphone!

I am gonna try again monday.

They sold out before the store opened!
    [​IMG]

22. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

In San Antonio we have 2 Apple stores...and just up the road 65 miles in Austin, there are 2 apple stores.

There is only 10 ATT stores in San Antonio...changes are I am getting my Iphone at the Apple Store....hopefully monday or at least this week.

23. nyctravis macrumors regular

NYC report

2:00 pm.

14th street store: don't be deceived by the small line, they have stopped allowing anyone new for the day.

5th avenue: if you must have one today come here asap. just got in line. tons of apple staffers and they are really organized. told me the wait is approx 3 hours and they have 'plenty' of stock of all models. been in line now about 20 minutes and looking backward it has grown a bit longer from when I joined but not terribly so.

soho: no idea

24. dancavallaro macrumors regular

This may be too broad of a question, no one could possibly know, etc., but I'll give it a shot anyway. I'm in central NJ (Princeton), and I've been having a hell of a time trying to get a 16gb iPhone (I originally had my heart set on black, but after seeing the white, it's really a tossup and I'll get either one). If I want to finally get one tomorrow, what is the best course of action to take?

25. Essjay macrumors regular

Pentagon City VA:

Got to the store at about 9:10 AM (they opened at 10:30), there were about 50 people infront of me so I waited the manager came out and told us that the 16 GB black was out of stock even though the website said they had them. They opened the store up half an hour early so at 10:30 the line was moving. I got in the store at about 11:30 and got my white 16 GB and left before 12. The line when I left was about 3-4 hours I would say.