Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

sunrise/sunset not updating

gelie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
Seems like my watch only shows sunset. And its stuck on 8:31pm. it never shows sunrise. Is there a setting I need to change? thanks

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
I think its a bug.
There's a simple fix, on your iPhone, go to Settings->General->Restrictions->Location Services. Allow for changes.
Toggle back and forth on Allow Apple Watch to use location services while using in app.
That usually kicks it back up for me.

gelie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
I think its a bug.
There's a simple fix, on your iPhone, go to Settings->General->Restrictions->Location Services. Allow for changes.
Toggle back and forth on Allow Apple Watch to use location services while using in app.
That usually kicks it back up for me.
Thanks i tried that and it still stuck on just showing the sunset @8:31 PM

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
I've had constant problems with anything related to the sunset/sunrise on my Apple Watch. This includes the complications, Solar watch face, and Astronomy watch face. None of the previous things I listed ever display the correct sunrise/sunset for more than an hour. Ever.

The complication seems to freeze at random times. The Solar face does not display sunrise/twilight/noon/sunset/dusk/etc, but instead displays the sun going across the sky at a fixed rate each day. The Astronomy face does not show the correct "phase" of the Earth, and shows that it is night time around 5:40 when in reality the sun doesn't set where I am until after 9.

I've contacted support several times, and have done everything I and they could think of to fix this issue. Hard resets, factory resets, unpairing and repairing, resetting settings on my iPhone, you name it. Extremely frustrating because this never happened before watchOS 1.0.1 and now it happens every. single. day.

opill

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2015
Seems like my watch only shows sunset. And its stuck on 8:31pm. it never shows sunrise. Is there a setting I need to change? thanks
Same here. Have noticed the problem on all watch faces with sunrise/set. Seems to be happening all the time. I have done nothing new to the watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.