sunrise/sunset not updating

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gelie, Jun 30, 2015.

1. gelie macrumors 6502

Seems like my watch only shows sunset. And its stuck on 8:31pm. it never shows sunrise. Is there a setting I need to change? thanks

2. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

I think its a bug.
    There's a simple fix, on your iPhone, go to Settings->General->Restrictions->Location Services. Allow for changes.
    Toggle back and forth on Allow Apple Watch to use location services while using in app.
    That usually kicks it back up for me.

3. gelie thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks i tried that and it still stuck on just showing the sunset @8:31 PM

4. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

I guess you probably did a hard reboot on iPhone and Watch as well?

5. gelie thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes. Really annoying.

6. JohnApples macrumors 65816

I've had constant problems with anything related to the sunset/sunrise on my Apple Watch. This includes the complications, Solar watch face, and Astronomy watch face. None of the previous things I listed ever display the correct sunrise/sunset for more than an hour. Ever.

The complication seems to freeze at random times. The Solar face does not display sunrise/twilight/noon/sunset/dusk/etc, but instead displays the sun going across the sky at a fixed rate each day. The Astronomy face does not show the correct "phase" of the Earth, and shows that it is night time around 5:40 when in reality the sun doesn't set where I am until after 9.

I've contacted support several times, and have done everything I and they could think of to fix this issue. Hard resets, factory resets, unpairing and repairing, resetting settings on my iPhone, you name it. Extremely frustrating because this never happened before watchOS 1.0.1 and now it happens every. single. day.

7. opill macrumors newbie

Same here. Have noticed the problem on all watch faces with sunrise/set. Seems to be happening all the time. I have done nothing new to the watch.

8. bumpylumpy macrumors member