Super 8, Yes, YES?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Huntn, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Yes, I want it to be terrific. In some ways it reminds me of the teasers for Cloverfield due to how little it shows you. Plus as a fan of both Lost and Cloverfield (except for the jerky cam), I have high hopes for this. I assume this is on some of your radars? Opening real soon, the weekend of 10Jun2011. :)

http://www.super8-movie.com/#/video

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1650062/

2. simsaladimbamba

For more trailers, look here.

Anyway, it is on my radar, but I guess I will just get the video cassette from my QuickStop.

3. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

4. chordate68 macrumors regular

chordate68

The trailers already have too many lens flares...

5. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

USA Today describing Super 8: "A summer blockbuster firing on all cylinders." That will pull in the masses.

Rotten Tomatoes score: 83%, audience score 85%.

Headed to the theater this weekend with fingers crossed. :D

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

You and me both! Been waiting for this since last years comic con annoucment. Excited to say the least!

7. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

8. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Could anyone who's watched it rate it? I really liked Cloverfield as well. It did leave me expectant though.

9. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Dear JJ Abrams,

Good job. Although, the lens flares, although an effective technique that looks nice, still bothered me.

10. _Matt macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

This movie was a perfect balance of everything a good summer movie should be.

11. Huntn, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011

Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

I mentioned a rating here in the MacRumor Movie thread, but am happy to repeat it (3.5/5). At times the movie had a very hard edge, and then it lost it somewhat. The XXXXX could be terrifying. That edge might have been kept a little sharper if spoiler> if a couple of the kids got eaten <end spoiler. But then it might not have been PG13, but ya never know. I still have a hard time believing that a man can be ripped in two and eaten by dinosaurs as in Jurassic Park 2 and still have a PG13 rating. ;)

12. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

This film caught my eye from the Super Bowl trailer on. I had seen Cloverfield and really liked the take on the monster movie that JJ Abrams had. Super 8 was rumored to be a pre-quill.

I went today and thought it was outstanding in all regards. Great story, acting, effects - especially sound. It turned out to be not the film I had been waiting for, but just as good or better.

Dale