Super Anxious about Preorders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iphoneguy20, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Iphoneguy20 macrumors member

Is it just me or is anybody else anxious/nervous about getting the preorder process done in time to get the phone on the 19th? I know it's just a phone but i don't want to wait a extra 2-3 weeks when I can potentially get it now. Plus my iphone 5 screen is about completely fall off, I don't think it will last that long.

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

Then go to the store next week and wait in line. Ive never had a problem walking in on release day

3. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

just be prepared at 12am PST with your computer and ipad/iphone via the apple store app and try like hell until you get the order in :D

4. vonWachtstain macrumors regular

It all will come to how fast your internet is IMO. Two years ago my connection timed out like 4 times. I said to hell with it and got it at the store week after.

5. marcococo macrumors regular

marcococo

6. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

Super Anxious about Preorders

I'm in the same boat! Anxious/excited at the same time. In my experience last year when ordering the 5s, everything went smoothly for me on Apple's website, so I wouldn't worry too much. Apple knows this is going to be a huge release.

7. McBeats macrumors 6502a

The fact that I don't have my 5s, or any smartphone for that matter right now, adds to the anticipation, and I don't wanna go another week without a smartphone if i can help it.

8. Iphoneguy20 thread starter macrumors member

I would do that but there isn't an apple store near here and I'm not sure if att will get that many in. When the 5 released they told me they had a total of 20 phones that came to their store which is ridiculous

9. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

Ive went to the at&t store both for the 4s and 5. No problems, then you can go to radio shack, best buy, target, walmart, sams club etc if the carrier doesn't work out.

I could imagine with 2 different phones each having 3 different capacities they would receive at least 5 of each, probably more of the 16gb versions, as they would be more popular.

10. EnderTW macrumors 6502

11. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

somewhat anxious.

I am still using (barely) an iPhone 4.
    I have to use the on-screen home button.

I have an alarm set for 2:55am

I really want to get on the first "list" so i get my new phone sooner than later.

I remember when the 5 came out I was thinking of upgrading and kept checking the local ATT store (Apple was farther away - still is but work close to one now) and they didn't have any 32gb blacks for a while.

12. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Look at it this way. Worst case scenario you get your phone sometime in October. That's absolute worst case. If the pre-orders go to 3-4 weeks or something before you can get your order in, don't pre-order and just go to an Apple store the week of launch...you'll eventually get a phone.

13. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

Just preorder....if your order pushes back....camp out.

14. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Thats my plan!

15. Iphoneguy20 thread starter macrumors member

Yea if I can't get through preorder in time I'll just wait and try the att store again and probably walmart since they're right beside each other.

16. Meister Suspended

Meister

I want your problems!

17. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Yeah, I feel the same way. It's a little tougher for me because I'm buying mine outright so I either have to get the T-Mobile phone from Apple and hope it's unlocked or order an AT&T phone through their website.

If I can't get either then I'll head out to the AT&T store early next Friday morning.

So if your pre-order doesn't work you're not completely out of luck.

I want a 6+ in 128GB, prefer space grey since I already bought a case. I'm expecting those to be near impossible to find on launch day so I'm really hoping I can get one tonight. If I do then I have take next Friday off so I can sit here waiting for delivery even though it'll probably be the last delivery of the night. :p

Pre-order sucks though, I tried it once, for the 4 I believe, and it was hours or trying to load the website. Then you get in, get part way through ordering, and it won't load. Just know that you're in for a rough time tonight. :)

18. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

Or you can buy it via next and just pay it off?

Never had a problem with the preorder at 3 am. I have order the past 3 iPhones....except the 5s of course.

19. M87 macrumors 65816

I've done this many times. As long as you start trying to order when it first goes live you should be good. The site will probably completely break for a while right after it goes live, just keep trying and you'll get through eventually. Sometimes it's easier to get through with the Apple Store app than the website.

20. MacDavidson macrumors newbie

Am I right in saying that we cannot order until 0800hrs in the UK?

21. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

22. Hezzerlah macrumors member

Hezzerlah

Will it tell us in the preorder process if we're going to get the phone the 19th? My plan was to try to preorder and if I couldn't get in for the 19th to go queue at the store on the 19th.

23. casmith07 macrumors member

I really think there will be plenty of phones for everyone. Does anyone remember whether the 5 was really hard to get? I can't remember but I feel like I just ordered it online and it showed up. And I think I ordered it during the day.

24. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'm sorta anxious but have a good feeling there will be plenty stock.

25. FazZa-3 macrumors regular

I've said it countless times now, but seriously, the most reliable way is the Apple Store app, the website crashed completely after 10 minutes for the 5 launch and i pre-ordered through the app completely fine.

Have the apple site open, and the app aswell, and if one doesn't work try the other and then the other over and over, it will work eventually!

Good luck! ;)

----------

The website crashed within about 10-15 minutes, the apple store app worked fine (for me and most others) but stock was gone very quickly and the delivery dates were pushed back very quickly, so you have to be fast!