Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smigit

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2011
Unlike others I thought the game was great and at half price would recommend it. I think there’s enough replay value there to warrant the price.

Surprised the internet connection thing is such a big issue for so many people. Sure it’s a silly requirement and a problem on flights, but at other times to be worried about ones connection to me raises more questions and concerns about people’s telco than it does Nintendos business model. Seems pretty bad in this day that people can’t seem to be able to depend on their device having coverage.

Not to say Nintendo shouldn’t just drop that requirement, it has however struck me as being something that seems very exaggerated for a device intended to always be connected to a network.

napabar

Suspended
Jun 12, 2008
Deleted. No offline mode, not worth $5, and it's so incredibly boring with one finger play.

When you reduce any game to a series of timed single taps on the screen, it destroys any sense of connection to such a fantasy world. Not to mention how silly one looks, from a higher perspective, when one just mindlessly taps on an array of leds with one's finger... and pays for such privilege.

Also, beyond greed and stubbornness, there is no valid technical reason to keep all the other great, old Nintendos games off the perfect platform.

Absolute nonsense. It's designed for a touch screen. Simplicity. You're never going to get a console experience on the iPhone.

You're argument about greed and stubbornness is ridiculous too. Based on your argument, Apple should make all of their software, including the macOS and iOS available on other platforms too.

Think before you post. Apple and Nintendo have very similar world views.

dwaltwhit

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Tennessee
I was just thinking, "Man I wish they would do some more levels!" Also an apple TV port or version would be great! the apple tv remote is made for the simple controls!

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Put Donkey Kong on iOS and then you'll get me excited

DK seems like a better choice for a runner... I see lots of potential there. Super Mario Run tired on me fairly quickly, I don't care about building a "mushroom kingdom", I just want to play Mario, and not being able to stop, explore, etc. in a Mario game sort of defeats the purpose for me. It's has the style of Mario, but not the substance.

djeeyore25

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2014
New York City
Unlike others I thought the game was great and at half price would recommend it. I think there’s enough replay value there to warrant the price.

Surprised the internet connection thing is such a big issue for so many people. Sure it’s a silly requirement and a problem on flights, but at other times to be worried about ones connection to me raises more questions and concerns about people’s telco than it does Nintendos business model. Seems pretty bad in this day that people can’t seem to be able to depend on their device having coverage.

Not to say Nintendo shouldn’t just drop that requirement, it has however struck me as being something that seems very exaggerated for a device intended to always be connected to a network.
The connection requirement is a big deal to me because my best time to play would be on a NYC subway, which has spotty internet at best. I’d gladly pay $5-10 for a Mario game if they dropped the internet requirement.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Really, how many people are jailbreaking their iPhones to play this game? I bet it's a rounding error to Nintendo. Thanks for making all the rest of us paying customers suffer (I know, first-world problem) because of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.