Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A new version of Super Stickman Golf 3 is set to launch on Apple Arcade in the near future, according to an announcement made today by Noodlecake Studios.

super-stickman-golf-apple-arcade.jpg

Super Stickman Golf 3+ is a revamped version of the original game, which was a popular 2D golf game filled with unique courses, power ups, collectible cards, different game modes, and more.

On Apple Arcade, Super Stickman Golf 3+ includes an unlocked premium upgrade, an XP doubler and Last Shot indicator, all 48 courses from the original game, daily races and rewards, and unlimited turn based matches.

There are no in-app purchases or ads as this is an Apple Arcade title, and Noodlecake says there's a rebalanced Bux system for unlocking different hats that change the gameplay and various ball trails. There are both turn-based and real-time multiplayer modes, so players can compete with up to eight people.

Along with Super Stickman Golf 3+, Nitrome's Super Leap Day is also set to come to Apple Arcade. Super Leap Day is a single-button platformer where the developers introduce a new level to play each day.

super-leap-day-apple-arcade.jpg

Both of these titles are listed as coming soon and should be released in the near future.

Update: Basketball game Ultimate Rivals: The Court is also coming soon to Apple Arcade.

Article Link: Super Stickman Golf 3+ and Super Leap Day Coming to Apple Arcade

Last edited:

macsplusmacs

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2014
Cool! I love the whole series.

Might try now since mario golf is not getting the best of reviews.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
SSG3 is one of my all time favorites. I was just thinking the other day it would be a great app for them to add the Apple Arcade.

One thing I really wanted them to add was turn based race mode. The people who I played it with we always had to do turn based because of where they lived, but turn based was only strokes.

Last edited:

happygodavid

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2007
Northern Virginia
I play video games on Xbox, Switch, PS4, and the Intel side of my MBP. I'm a Gamepass subscriber. I would love to see Apple Arcade offer something comparable to Gamepass, but right now, AA doesn't fit the bill. I'm sure it's great for mobile gamers, but it doesn't compel me, personally. I think Apple must be holding out until internet speeds are such that they can take a stab at a "legit" game streaming service. We're at a point in tech progression where it's not quite there yet, and I can understand Apple waiting until speeds are more universally capable of supporting a game streaming service. Stadia is mid-flop, and Gamepass/Xcloud streaming is so-so. If I had to guess, in ten years, AA will be a solid competitor to Gamepass when they can stream AAA games to an iPhone/iPad/ATV seamlessly, but right now, they're appealing to a completely different type of consumer. Totally fine in the meantime, though; my backlog will take at least the next 40 years to finish...

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
Sucks how they're basically locking decent games behind an arcade subscription
You mean like how this game, which is available now, is locked behind an arcade subscription?

I’m not sure “locked behind an arcade subscription” means what you think it means.

• Love
Reactions: macsplusmacs

LeadingHeat

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2015
This looks identical to Flappy Golf. But different control mechanics obviously.

I loved it, but haven’t ever tried Super Stickman Golf! I’ll definitely give it a try. Ecstatic that it’s now on Arcade! Jetpack joyride is another one I’m super pumped to have it come. No in-app purchases, no ads, offline play, etc.

Attachments

• EE090299-09F6-4A17-9E63-FA2723B09F6D.jpeg
    EE090299-09F6-4A17-9E63-FA2723B09F6D.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 80

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
I'm a Gamepass subscriber. I would love to see Apple Arcade offer something comparable to Gamepass
So, you’re a subscriber to a service you like, but would like Apple Arcade to provide an identical service? Why? I mean, you have what you want right now. The only thing Apple could potentially bring that’s different is an Apple logo when you start the service.

and Gamepass/Xcloud streaming is so-so.
You’re right, though, I don’t think there’s anything Apple can do to improve internet speeds. And ISP’s don’t seem very interested in giving all their customers an adequate level of service either.

Reactions: LeadingHeat

himanshumodi

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2012
India
great game. I wanted to restart it but their iCloud backups is implemented such that there is no way to reset progress. Maybe I can have a go through the arcade version. Oh wait, I don’t have arcade subscription.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Sucks how they're basically locking decent games behind an arcade subscription
Because the public as a whole pushed this terrible free to play garbage because apparently the average person is too damn cheap to spend a few bucks on a game but will spend $5 per day on Starbucks. So this is the alternative. People who have some common sense and want some quality mobile games are willing to pay a measly $5 PER MONTH……

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
This looks identical to Flappy Golf. But different control mechanics obviously.

I loved it, but haven’t ever tried Super Stickman Golf! I’ll definitely give it a try. Ecstatic that it’s now on Arcade! Jetpack joyride is another one I’m super pumped to have it come. No in-app purchases, no ads, offline play, etc.
This is a really quality game you won’t be disappointed with. Many of the games on arcade are really good and me along with many other would gladly have bought them (and in some cases did buy) for much more than the $5 monthly charge

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
I play video games on Xbox, Switch, PS4, and the Intel side of my MBP. I'm a Gamepass subscriber. I would love to see Apple Arcade offer something comparable to Gamepass, but right now, AA doesn't fit the bill. I'm sure it's great for mobile gamers, but it doesn't compel me, personally. I think Apple must be holding out until internet speeds are such that they can take a stab at a "legit" game streaming service. We're at a point in tech progression where it's not quite there yet, and I can understand Apple waiting until speeds are more universally capable of supporting a game streaming service. Stadia is mid-flop, and Gamepass/Xcloud streaming is so-so. If I had to guess, in ten years, AA will be a solid competitor to Gamepass when they can stream AAA games to an iPhone/iPad/ATV seamlessly, but right now, they're appealing to a completely different type of consumer. Totally fine in the meantime, though; my backlog will take at least the next 40 years to finish...
I would never play pc or console games on my phone. Not because of performance or graphics but because games made for consoles are not idea on a phone. I’m not lugging a controller with me when I leave the house, and by the time my PS5 game loads I would already be done playing on my phone.
It will be as popular as rob the robot or the super scope.

Reactions: happygodavid

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
I've got to admit, some of the new games along with ad-free, updated versions of some classics (like Cut The Rope and Leo's Fortune) are making Apple Arcade a serious streaming platform. I don't think it competes with consoles just yet, but it doesn't need to. I think the games - like the two I mentioned - are best when they are tailored for touch controls instead of ported. Ported games have been hit or miss for me, largely depending on the control scheme.

happygodavid

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2007
Northern Virginia
So, you’re a subscriber to a service you like, but would like Apple Arcade to provide an identical service? Why? I mean, you have what you want right now. The only thing Apple could potentially bring that’s different is an Apple logo when you start the service.

You’re right, though, I don’t think there’s anything Apple can do to improve internet speeds. And ISP’s don’t seem very interested in giving all their customers an adequate level of service either.
Why would I want Apple to go all in on improving Apple Arcade? Two main reasons: ecosystem and wanting to cut the cord on PC gaming on Windows. As I mentioned, I game on all the major platforms, and Apple's ecosystem is not one of them. I would love to start a game on my TV, switch to my laptop, have the option of resuming on my phone or tablet... essentially what XCloud is meant to do (but I have to use Windows...). Also, after this 2019 16" MBP dies, I'll have to look into a PC for PC gaming. It would be nice if Apple would take AA to the next level because it likely means they're taking Mac gaming seriously. I know, the PC market/development blah blah blah. The only way that changes is if Apple goes all in on a gaming service. As much as I love PC gaming, I can't stand all the tinkering I have to do. I just want to sit down and play a game, and I don't want to mess around with Windows, which, like clockwork, ends up being "a thing" every few weeks. GamePass is great. I'd love to see what Apple could do in the gaming sphere if they went all-in on a service that seamlessly integrated with all their products. Right now, there's just nothing that does that well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.