Supposed iPhone 5 clone just HORRIBLE..Anyone slightly worried?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sulpfiction, Aug 16, 2011.

1. sulpfiction, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011

sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I don't know about anyone else, but if the new iPhone even slight resembles China's knockoff "HiPhone" I will be super pissed. That thing looks HORRIBLE. In fact, with all these delays, rumors & hype my expectations are getting higher by the day. And even though I am super excited, and I plan to camp out on launch-eve, I am starting to get a little nervous that it's not going to live up to my expectations. One side of me says that Apple knows this and this device is going to meet and exceed all the hype. But the other side thinks that China has come very close in the past (e.g. iPhone4 clones before launch) and if they got it right this time, I am going to be very, very disappointed. Can someone please reassure me that Apple would never disappoint. And I am talking mostly ascetics here...Bigger screen, thinner, sleeker, etc. I am pretty much at ease with the rumored inner workings of the device. I just want it to be prettier then iPhone4. Anyone else a bit concerned after seeing this horrible (supposed) clone?

Attached Files:

2. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Clones look horrible and considering Apple is keeping a tight lip on the i5, manufacturers of the fake don't have much to go on anyways. Don't worry too much;)

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

not worried if I don't like the i5 I will either stick with my I4 or go to another phone.

4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Nope.

This counterfeit sells for $70 contract free... I don't expect it to look like the iPhone 5 ;)

5. sulpfiction thread starter macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I could never bring myself to cross over to Droid or windows devices. My wife has a dinc2 and although she's happy with it, and it is a pretty cool looking device, It just isn't my iPhone.

I'm pretty confident apple won't disappoint. I really think were in for a big surprise. But these damn ugly clones are screwing with my excitement.

6. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

No. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Pretty simple.

7. Inmem58 macrumors member

I can care less what it looks like. It's all about the software and upgrades.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

9. sulpfiction thread starter macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

So if the screen was smaller, in a plastic housing that was 1" thick you wouldn't care one bit as long as the software and upgrades were there? Doubt it.

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

You need to go outside more..... or buy yourself a puppy.

11. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If Apple made the new iPhone look anything like that POS, it would be a retrograde in design. Not gonna happen.

12. sulpfiction thread starter macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Not saying u should care about it at all. But if u look at past iphone clones that came out in china prior to the actual device launch, u will see that a lot of the time they are very close (if not identical) to what the actual final design looks like. And the "hiPhone5" clone device is (IMO) a huge step backward in design. I'm just hoping they got it wrong this time.

13. sulpfiction thread starter macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

C'mon...ur not the least bit intrigued or excited about what iPhone 5 will look like? I happen to care a lot about what is to come. I love gadgets and design is a big part of my obsession. Im just simply saying an ugly clone that claims to be an iPhone 5 would be a huge step backward.

Oh, And since you've posted almost 3 times per day, everyday, for the last 5 years, I'd say ur the one who needs to go outside more, or possibly move out of moms basement completely.

14. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Gotta love the progression from nerd rage over a knock off of a device that hasn't even been announced yet to randomly attacking other forum members. If you seriously are getting angry over this I don't know what to tell you, most people can separate their feeling for an inanimate object that they probably won't even use for more than 18 months... Seriously, concentrate that energy elsewhere and you'll be a lot happier. Unless the 5 actually looks like that, in which case it will be the worst Fall ever for you.

also, this?

No, of course we can't. It's not like Apple hasn't made terrible products in the past and will likely do so in the future, and what you think is terrible others may love. Do you actually own everything that Apple has made?

15. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Even if it is the real one.

I think it's funny cause when the iPhone 4 was leaked and not confirmed. The majority of the people said they hated it. Then when it was confirmed the majority of the hate left.

16. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Don't those usually come out after the iPhone is unveiled?

17. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Buddy, you have other major issues you need to deal with first.

18. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

im not worried that it is going to be a "horrible" phone as much as i am that its going to be disappointing. if apple made everyone wait over a year for an iphone 4-like device with some upgraded guts, i will be kind of bummed. either way it will be a solid phone im sure, id just really like to see a big leap from the 4 to the 5

19. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

I think there is justifiable cause to believe that we are getting a decent design upgrade this time around.

When in doubt follow the cases, they haven't steered us wrong many times before.

20. brendu macrumors 68020

This is a big part of why I am an iPhone user.

21. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

That and I'm just going to slap a big ugly case on it anyways.

22. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I'm not liking the clones. But I am holding off my final judgement until I can actually hold one. So if they do end up being accurate and I still hate then I can say without a doubt that i hate it. Right now I'm just not liking some device that I've only seen pictures of. I didn't like the iPhone 4 when gizmodo leaked it. Then I grew to love the appearance. Then I held it and hated it. Still do.

23. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

those designs kind of remind me of an ipod touch, hopefully the back wont be shiny metal like those are. if it was more of an aluminum like the original iphone i would super stoked about that. i hate worrying about scratching the back of my iphone 4

24. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Why are you calling them i5 and i4

25. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd