Supposedly Vegan person gets caught eating fish

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by stylinexpat, Mar 26, 2019.

1. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

2. mripadmini macrumors regular

mripadmini

should have said something abot it when she started doing it instead of lying about. this whole thing could have been avoided.

3. millerj123 macrumors 65816

Meat is murder. Tasty, tasty murder.

I'll have seconds, please.

I saw this reported earlier this week and just, wow.

4. Pakaku macrumors 68020

Pakaku

At the risk of sounding hypocritical, why do we care about what someone is eating?

5. millerj123 macrumors 65816

In this case, because she's trying to make a living as a vegan or vegetarian "influencer", and found it was making her sick. I don't care, but find it funny.

6. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

According to a few polls I have seen, most vegans cheat on their diet at least one a week.

It is very restrictive and can be really unhealthy, so it is probably best that they cheat.

You occasionally see stories about malnourished children of vegan parents, which is horrible. It is one thing to choose to be malnourished yourself, but it is bad when it is forced on a child. Much worse than eating Mcdonald's everyday.

7. mrex macrumors 68040

mrex

How about reading the news and then commenting?

From the beginning: ”...more than 3 million followers across YouTube and Instagram by extolling the life-changing properties of a raw vegan diet. She has built a lucrative brand around veganism.

Thats why.

8. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

Sounds like someone got caught being someone other than they are portraying online. Sounds like about 99% of the population :p

9. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

3 Million followers is no joke..

10. vkd, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019

vkd macrumors 6502a

vkd

Everything you just said there is so mis-informed. The fact is Yovana (Rawvana) was never a real vegan, she was just doing it to make money, basically. Her sickness came about because she did a 25 day water fast and other jerk moves that come from that raw food guru she follows. Note: raw food is NOT veganism. It is a completely different diet. Yovana was a raw food eater, NOT a vegan. She hit problems because of raw food dogma, nothing to do with veganism.

I have been vegetarian for nearly 30 years and vegan for 5. My health is great. If you follow the diet seriously, with the right intentions you will not become sick. Follow good online vegans, like Freelee, Happy Healthy Vegan and Vegan Gains, you may learn something beyond your present limited viewpoint.

11. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

Like what?

Lets break it down:

Are you saying I am mis-informed about seeing the polls? or the results of the polls?
    Maybe I should have added "self-proclaimed vegans". I think this would probably clear things up.

How am I mis-informed about this?

If not done right, it can be. Like you said here:

But, even following the diet seriously could be dangerous for children.

Just search "vegan children malnutrition" on google, I am sure there are plenty of examples.

So, I am not sure how much of my post is mis-informed, but maybe if I added "self-proclaimed vegans", it would have made more sense.

12. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

I think it is good to have some Vegan food once in a while but I don’t know if I could 24/7 365 a year eating vegan foods only. I suppose it would be easy for any based insects perhaps

13. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

So it's a job, not a lifestyle? Well then it must have been her day off.:D:D:D

Anyhow...nearly every nutritionist I've spoken with tells me a vegan diet is a bad diet. It's possible if you take lots of supplements, but eating a balance diet is always preferred.

14. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

Following a nutritionist sounds like a good idea but when you understand how information is peddled, you may want to reconsider. For example, in Canada if you want to be a nutritionist, you have to become certified. Once certified you have to recommend food from Canada’s food guide which promotes a “balanced” diet. From 1942 to 2018 this food guide was largely unchanged which is a joke considering how much we have learned about nutrition since world war 2. Nonetheless, if in 2018 you thought meat and dairy were healthy and wanted to follow what the nutritionist recommends, by all means... you would be eating healthy foods that all nutritionists recommend.

Fast forward to 2019 and now Canada’s food guide is finally admitting meat and dairy are not as healthy as we once thought and they are revising Canadas food guide. If you visit a nutritionist now, they will not recommend the same diet they did 6 months ago.

Why did this happen? Was it because of the abundant data showing how meat and dairy are actually unhealthy? Sadly nutrition doesn’t work this way. What happened was new trade laws allowing more meat and dairy imports into Canada made Canada’s dairy lobbying industry dry up. They paid large sums of money to keep meat and dairy part of Canada’s food guide for the better part of eight decades. Combined with the multitudes of research showing how meat and dairy feed viruses and cause major inflammation, it made no sense to continue promoting something that simply isn’t healthy.

I’m not saying to become vegan, just wanted to share how “nutritionists” pass along what they think is a healthy diet.

15. vkd macrumors 6502a

vkd

Its not rocket science. Your posture already indicates that you are antagonistic to the idea so why bother any more?

On the other hand, if one really does have interest it is completely simple. There are no nutritional difficulties, fruit and veg are the healthiest foodstuffs on the planet, no added nonsense. The thing is you are led by misinformation from so-called experts, who have been trained by other so-called experts and none of them have the slightest interest in being vegan, so obviously they are not gonna publicise anything positive, rather on the contrary. Not to mention receiving funding from the dairy, meat, egg industries to name a few.

So in this scenario for people like you who are most likely to be very strongly influenced by such misinformed, paid-off so-called experts, any budding interest in the subject is likely to die off quickly. Like I said, if you really do have an interest, watch the vloggers I mentioned above. Ryan and Freelee are always showing off their blood test results, they are by far the best results imaginable and they are the healthiest people on the planet, contrary to popular belief like yours. And that comes from just a simple, straightforward vegan diet: no meat, fish or eggs, no dairy, no honey, no animal products basically and that is it. But hey, I'm not here to argue with you or try to convince you, its your life, do what you want. If you wanna go to hell the door is open.

16. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

You’re arguing with someone who thinks eating McDonald’s everyday is healthier than eating a vegan diet. Don’t waste your time!

17. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

I had to give up eating newborn babies. What would people think...

I know vegans that eat some meats. I know Jews that eat shrimp, and bacon. I know catholics that hate eating fish, Friday, or any day. The moment you hold yourself up as an example for how other people should be living their lives, you open yourself up to being discovered a hypocrite. Like all the 'pray the gay away' priests that turned out to be doing what they profess to hate.

*shrug* Move on... ;)

18. vkd macrumors 6502a

vkd

Then they are NOT vegan. Simple.

19. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

I totally agree, but they don't. Hypocrisy is everywhere. I had a friend that started an extramarital affair with a woman, which isn't such big news, but he's a 'born again evangelical christian', and swore that 'God brought them together, so it's wasn't adultery. I just about burst out laughing. And dropped him as a friend. I mean, if he can break that big of a rule, what else can he break. Trusting people is becoming harder to do. In this time of fraud, truth hard to come by. Sad...

20. Spacetime Anomaly macrumors member

Spacetime Anomaly

Rebrand as 'The Pesky Pescatarian' for another 3 million followers and a book deal.

21. TheFluffyDuck macrumors 6502

Because vegans - by and large - have a sense of moral superiority, and come off as smug and annoying. They are like those people five years ago that couldn't WAIT to tell you they had read Game of Thrones and what was coming in the TV show. That smug smile knowing about the "red wedding", is the same as any vegan. So exposing a vegan eat a fish, is the same satisfaction as spoiling the latest GoT episode to that smug book reader, now NOBODY knows whats coming next in the TV show.
    Ask your self, why don't vegetarians get the same criticism as vegans? Because vegetarians are pacifists, vegans are activists! Ones a personal decision, the other is a mission.

22. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Omg, like a grass fed cow at the slaughter house, you killed it. Thanks for the laugh

23. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

I ate nothing but vegetables and fruit at a job I worked at, so people got to thinking I was vegan. I don't know where that came from, but one of the ****** women that worked there found out I was a heathen also, and then proceeded to rake me over the coals over my SHOES! Yes, I was a 'vegan' wearing the most comfortable shoes on this planet: Birkenstocks. Their leather is thick, and lasts forever. So beetch from heaven (she was also very religious) started slamming me because I wore leather shoes. I said 'I didn't eat the cow, and who gave you the idea that I was vegan?' She stammered that I only eat veggies at work, and talk about the vegetarian dishes I prepare, so she assumed I was a vegan. Everyone assumed I was vegan she said. I said that I assumed she was a christian, until she started judging me. It shut her up as the whole office started laughing. At some point judging people is ridiculous. But I get the whole vegan 'thing'. Talk to a biker about the 'V' symbol they insist be after their name on everything. Like it's a marker, a sign... *sigh* Crocs were sen as a 'vegan substitute' for leather shoes. I found that funny. They eat shoes? What nonsense...

Cheers...

24. JagdTiger macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

25. vkd macrumors 6502a

vkd

Fish are living entities with exactly the same rights to live as you have, as cows have and your cherished pet dog or cat has.