Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Get the surface 3... Best part is that it's a fully functional OS now and upgradeable to win10. Gone is that stupid win8 rt

Esoom

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Colorado
I've gotten a couple of full Windows tablets, the interface is bad with "Metro" and worse with the traditional home screen.

The traditional homescreen is unusable without a stylus.

TechZeke

macrumors 68020
Jul 29, 2012
Dallas, TX
Haven't read the full thread, but if I was going Surface, it would be Surface Pro 3(Excellent device, I might eventually buy one myself) or go home. With MS Office finally coming to iPad, there is almost no incentive now to go for a non-Surface Pro 3 windows based tablet. The full desktop OS on the Surface 3 is a plus, but it's performance is so limited that it won't really be able to do much more than iPad can. Maybe my traffic simulation software could run on it, but at that point I'd rather pull out my rMBP or get a SP3.

Last edited:

tdale

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2013
Christchurch, N.Z.
I mean, the surface 3 is a full PC computer in every respect. You can load up MS office and sync files with dropbox. It's a laptop in a tablet format, which you can attach a keyboard to turn back into a small laptop.

Yes. The OP question should read, do I need a OSX/Windows device or an iOS device, aka Full OS vs Lite OS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.