Swan M10s

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DEE9299, Nov 25, 2009.

1. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

So after weeks of going back and forth....I finally bought a set but not from audio insider...... for all those interested they are great looking and sound great and I am sure they will get better with use...and I bought them for now here is the good news I paid $ 85.00 ,,,,thats right $85 and I bought them locally to from another company that sells them in tampa florida here is the info.

Swans Home Theater
    15461 N. Dale Mabry Hwy.
    Tampa, FL. 33618
    Southeast US Distributor
    Home Theater and custom installation speakers
    Tel: 813-908-6500 www.swanshometheater.com
    Fax: 813-908-6567

the guy is named larry and yes he does have them in stock

also didnt know if I could or should post info like this on here...?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well that is good news. I'm interested in seeing how you wall mount the sub, if that is what you end up doing.

3. DEE9299 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

4. buzzbuzzbuzz macrumors newbie

You have to be kidding me...
    Why was this not posted 10 days ago? My order from The Audio Insider is in FedEx's hands, and even if I were to return it now I would end up paying some $30 in shipping fees to save about $30 on this guy's price.
    This is what I get for mulling over the decision to buy these for 9 months... :eek:

Hope the speakers are treating you well. I'll be receiving mine on Monday...
    Post some pics of how you set them up!

5. DEE9299 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

I almost ordered from audioinsider myself today then I did some online digging and found out that there are alot of dealers in the us that sell them it just so happens the guy i found is only 20 minutes away from my house

6. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I had to wait two weeks. a day after I order I get a tracking number. when it did not show I checked the fedex number and it was not delivered to me but to another state. I called and they good and sent me the wrong tracking number. Of course they were all out and I had to wait till they were in stock again.

7. Fozzybadfeet macrumors 6502

Fozzybadfeet

Wow, you found a great deal on the speakers. I received my set on Monday and have been listening to all different kinds of genre's of music so far. I like the speakers and the sound IMO is real good.

8. DEE9299 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

i guess it payed off for me doing a little more research

9. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

My Swan M10s arrived yesterday. They are satisfactory for my use and no less crappy than any other set of computer speakers I've heard. I use them with my uMBP and a PS3 that are both hooked up to a Dell 3008WFP.

10. DEE9299 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

I am happy with them so far although I am trying to take the face plates off to paint them an aluminum color like the macs

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

12. DEE9299 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

i will thanks for your help

13. gfhoward macrumors member

Just received and set up my M-10s. What's up with the shielding on these things?! I'm getting major radio interference, and they're not even connected to a signal source, just plugged in to the AC outlet! I suspect it's my old NuTone intercom system causing the interference, but I've never had this problem with any other speaker set. What do you guys think?

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Umm I do not have this issue, they're always on, connected to a MP and surge protector, and my phone is right next to them.

15. DEE9299 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

no problems here i have a cordless phone right near as well as my cell phone to

16. Xavier macrumors 68020

I love my Swan M10's

They are very directional

17. Fozzybadfeet macrumors 6502

Fozzybadfeet

I don't have any problems with mine either.

18. gfhoward macrumors member

OK. Well I read that computer speakers are usually not shielded very well, especially those with plastic cases. I'm working on a power line filter which should help. I'll report back

19. nyguy4u macrumors member

I touched upon this on another thread that ended up being closed. The speakers look good, but in reality.. they are made in china, with cheap plastic, with a 65% mark up in price. Shielding is somewhat of an issue with this speaker set, as I said in the other thread. Some people experience it, some people don't. Chance you have to take for buying these things. I personally hate the Swan M10's, and don't recommend them. Swan's upper level stuff is pretty decent, but the M10's are their entry level products. It's junk.

20. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

they sound decent for their price. of course they are not great what do you expect for 100.00 if you want really good sound you need to pay for it.

21. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Don't start this again. The discussion is fruitless and led to the other thread being closed.

22. Wee Beastie macrumors regular

I hope that NEITHER of you start this again—nyguy4u's post did not necessitate a reply. We've heard both of your thoughts on these speakers. You both have had more than your say. I am personally more interested in hearing what other users think. This thread was actually starting to be a little bit useful.

With respect to both of you, whose opinions I have read (and learned from) while lurking on this forum, I hope you will please let this one die and just accept that the other has a differing opinion. It only takes one person to end this—one of you PLEASE be the bigger person.

23. DEE9299 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

well said they both had valid points but these speakers sound good listening to music and watching a movie. i am happy that I got these and for $85.00 you can not go wrong.....

24. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Good call. I figure neither can be the bigger person so they joined my ignore list. It's a pissing match.

DEE9299 did you wall mount your sub yet?

25. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I never meant to get things going. there will always be complaints and supporters of almost anything.