Switch Easy shipping issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ert3, Sep 8, 2008.

1. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

anyone else have the infinite wait from switch easy on their order.

I made my order over the weekend last week and have yet to hear back from them.

----edit-----

Though it took a bit longer than most online purchases it did arrive at about the same time an actual human replied to my email about it not being sent and came as advertised.

I'm already falling inlove with it

2. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

It's funny you posted this today, because I am in the same situation. I placed an order on the 3rd for a Rebel, and one on the 5th for the Neo. I received tracking numbers for both orders. The original order on the 3rd was scanned once, and seems to be either lost, or never left the warehouse.

The second order (the Neo) looks like it was scanned locally today, so it should arrive at my door tomorrow. The first order however, I have no confidence in. I wish they had a 1-800 number to call instead of the email they don't answer. :mad:

3. reliantj macrumors 6502

agh, do these problems occur normally or are these just a few special cases? because i'm going to be ordering my Neo soon and want to be confident that the case comes in before i go buy my iphone.

i know they're located in san fransisco which is like 6 hours away from long beach so it shouldn't take but 3 days at max to receive.

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Strange, I ordered mine Friday night and it arrived today (Monday). I live in NY and it shipped from California.

5. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

well I ordered mine on Friday and got it today too all the way in Soith Florida. Only problem is I ordered a artic rebel and got sent a black one. What the heck. Now I emailed them and I guess the wait for a response begins. This sucks. The case though is awesome!

6. kamui macrumors newbie

Ordered a Neo last Tuesday, they said it'd ship Thursday and it did and I got it today (NY). It's pretty nice, the silicon cover is pretty snug and the 2 piece snap on are pretty small. It doesn't add a lot of bulk. It's not as grippy as I'd expected, but I'm happy with the case.

7. Crevice macrumors regular

i got mine in 2 days...but then i'm in San Francisco so I lucked out

8. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

It took 4 days to get the rebel but Fay was slowing things down at the time. 3 days on the Neo.

9. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Got a email response within 24 hours by emailing sezoltan@gmail.com. They sent me the wrong color rebel. He said that I can keep that one and they will send me out the correct colored one. Two for the price of one! Woot. :)

10. eric11546 macrumors newbie

I ordered mine on friday it was shipped yesterday

11. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

Ordered mine last Tuesday, shipped Wednesday and got it on Saturday and I'm in New Hampshire.

12. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

i ordered a black and white one on tuesday or wednesday (can't remember). I got the black one friday and still waiting on the white one. i've emailed but no response yet except for the automated "received" email. i'm in louisiana.

13. ilikemycivic macrumors newbie

I live in Canada and ordered a Rebel on Aug. 27 and have not received a tracking number or shipment. I emailed sales@switcheasy.com on Sept. 5 for info and received a response back from sezoltan@gmail.com saying:

"We are a Global Company your order was forwarded to Chris is in this
    case. Unfortunately I know nothing about the status of your order nor
    I know any details of it. I am currently not involved with orders to
    Canada, dealing only with US orders. I can't engage till Chris is
    asking for help. Sorry!!"

I assumed at that point Chris chris@switcheasy.com would get back to me but was wrong. I emailed Chris today (Sept. 9, 13 days later, 8 business days) for a tracking number or shipment information to which I am awaiting a response. If I don't hear anything by the end of the week I guess I'll file a grievance with PayPal. Don't know what else I could do.

14. bori macrumors member

ilikemycivic I am in the same position as you. I ordered my case on the 22nd of Aug, and emailed them on the 31st. Got a reply from Zoltan on the 2nd saying:

We are shipping globally, your order was forwarded to the nearest
    re-seller close to you. Unfortunately I knew nothing about the status
    of your order till now, I was not involved with orders to Canada,
    dealt only with US orders. Your local re-seller was way overwhelmed
    with the traffic that we sent and asked for help over the weekend. I
    will engage...

I will ship your order immediately!!!

But to let you know you might not be able to track it! I will give you
    a confirmation of mailing but current shipping software is US only,
    does not provide updated tracking outside the Country to CANADA

Thank You!

I got the shipping conformation right after, but after a week, still nothing...

15. ilikemycivic macrumors newbie

Well, I guess I'm glad misery has some company :p

Hopefully this can be resolved sooner than later, I'll update this thread if anything happens in regards to my shipment.

16. ert3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ert3

They seem to have shipped my goods but I did not check until after the post office closed so I will report if they sent me my things tomorrow after I check.

17. peanut48 macrumors regular

I seem to be facing the same issue..I've been in contact with Chris from Switcheasy prior to making the purchase and have always received a reply within a reasonable time frame however in my last email to him I asked him about the shipping status of my order and haven't received a reply yet. He has mentioned previously they've been busy with all the orders when I asked him about working through the weekend.

Well I'll wait till tomorrow, I ordered on sunday night and its wednesday afternoon here. However I think they are genuinely struggling to cope with the orders, they do have the best iPhone 3G cases at the moment.

18. EliteKiller macrumors member

I placed a single order for (4) "Colors" cases on Aug. 30 thinking they would ship them together. However I received (4) shipping notifications the following day with (4) USPS First Class Mail tracking numbers, and they all arrived yesterday. It would be nice if there was an option to upgrade shipping to a faster service.

I placed an order for the Neo a few days ago. ;)

19. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I had ordered a Rebel a couple of weeks ago and got it in 4 days but that was in the midst of Tropical Storm Fay. I then ordered a Neo last week and it arrived in 3 days. Methinks you just ordered late.

20. peanut48 macrumors regular

Got an email from Paypal with the refund and a message that SwitchEasy only ships to US and if in Europe to use their EU website. I'm currently in India and had asked Chris from Switcheasy if they would ship here and he had confirmed it many times that they would.

I'm annoyed coz I had asked him specifically and now I'm stuck with a naked iPhone. I could've ordered from ebay or elsewhere and had it by now :mad:

Still waiting for a reply from Chris about this.

21. EliteKiller macrumors member

It's possible that Chris assumed you would order from the European website since switcheasy.com clearly states "Currently available for U.S and Canadian Residents Only"

22. peanut48 macrumors regular

Well that wouldn't be possible because I did ask him about it and went ahead with the order only after he confirmed at least twice.

23. ert3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ert3

24. ilikemycivic macrumors newbie

Well it's been 2 weeks and no tracking information. My co-worker ordered his over a week later and got a tracking ID the next day so I'm a little ticked. I'll give them till friday (I emailed sales, chris and zoltan today) but if I don't hear anything back I'll be asking for a refund through PayPal.

25. Italchef macrumors 6502

So can anyone tell me if they have received their Canadian order? I ordered mine on the 6th and immediately received a paypal receipt. I was then given a USPS tracking number. After a few days I wrote them and received an email stating that it would ship in 48hrs. Ive yet to see anything.What kind of business are these people running?
    Mick