Switch from 1440 x 900 to 1680x1050

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fcamara, Sep 13, 2010.

1. fcamara macrumors newbie

2. saxondale. macrumors 6502

for that price, i can only imagine the screen to be inferior to the one you have.

3. fcamara thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe, but they are offering 2 years waranty. Ok, the contrast and color may differ from the original part. But I'm willing to make exceptions for more resolution.

My question is, essencially, about if the OS can detect the new bigger resolution or if the lcd screen have a diferent connector.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

5. ljx718 macrumors 6502

I think it would be more of a hassle to change it and maybe mess something up

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Chances are good that a new screen would have a different connector and/or power requirements. It also may not be the exact same size.

While it may be possible, it wouldnt be worth it.

7. CorporateFelon macrumors regular

CorporateFelon

I dont know the specific about this panel, but I know there are upgrade panels for the 13.3 mac books. It's just a simple swap. I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibilities since apple does ship a high res panel in that resolution. But that price does seem a little low to me.

8. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Personally, I wouldn't do it. It's asking for a problem, and if there is, you're basically out a computer (unless you want to pay apple the $900 to fix it). A cheaper and easier solution would be to get an external display, however that requires using it at a desk

9. fcamara thread starter macrumors newbie

You all probably are right, it may not fit and the idea that may bring to me some big espensives, It's not worth it.

I was hope that someone have done the swamp.

Thankyou all!

Take care.

10. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    well if something goes wrong there's also outside people to use to repair a screen. I forgot who I used but back in late '07 or early '08 my wife's 15" 2.16ghz Macbook pro's screen cracked when it was closed on earphones and I tried first to swap on my own but the replacement screen (or was it full out bezel?) off of ebay didn't fit (was for older computer). So I sent it back to who I bought it from and iirc, the screen replacement was $450 or something close to that.