Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrModZix

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2012
You might think I'm a newbie and I'm just talking ****, but this case is really bad. Please do not order it if you can't send it back. I've had the clear one and the volume button - didn't work, eventually broke and fell out together with the + button. The power button was just cheap and not clicky at all. I drove back asap and switched it with the black/grey Colors one and that one is really good but not clear as I wanted. I've never had issues with SwitchEasy and hope that they'll fix this asap.

Wait until others like me post a good review of the case and buy one then.

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
I really loved this case....until the power button cover broke off and the piece above the camera snapped and it cracked by the volume buttons...now I think this case is a giant POS

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
got this switcheasy case & i dig it.

Attachments

• DSCN0751.JPG
    DSCN0751.JPG
    877.9 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCN0753.JPG
    DSCN0753.JPG
    983.6 KB · Views: 254

CoolBradG

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2010
This case is junk and I need to figure out how to send it back. :(

I thought it was going to be a rubber/silicone case.

kthnxshwn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
This case is junk and I need to figure out how to send it back. :(

I thought it was going to be a rubber/silicone case.

That's silly.

Anyway, I've had this case (one of 8) lying around for awhile now. I had only ever used it to see how it would look and it looked alright. However, after cycling through lots of cases, I decided to try this one out. It's on my black 5 and I think I'll stick with this until I manage to get the Air Jacket from PS. The screen protectors are laughably bad, though.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Like some others, I am having issues with the volume buttons getting stuck. I emailed Switcheasy to see what could be done about it. In the meantime, I cut the buttons out. It isn't ideal, but I really do like this case so it will do for now.

Dechter

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2010
I bought a SwitchEasy Nude for my iPhone 5 a few weeks ago and seeing this thread pop up reminded me to post. I ordered the UltraBlack and I'm reasonably pleased with it.

Perhaps I'm lucky, but the volume buttons work fine, though I preferred the open buttons from the iPhone 4 version. I used a SwitchEasy Nude for iPhone 4 from July 2010 to Oct 2012 when I sold my iPhone 4. I also don't like the plastic button over the sleep/wake switch. Again, I find the version for the iPhone 4 was superior in this regard.

I find it somewhat ironic that the feature of the new SwitchEasy Nude that draws the most complaints (the buttons) is also the area in which I feel they over-engineered the case to solve a non-problem. The previous version of the case left the original buttons exposed and I think it worked better that way.

Still, for $20, I'm happy with my purchase.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.