Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Mine should be here tomorrow. I ordered the clear black which should look real nice on my white iphone.

Can you please post some pics when you get it? I emailed Switcheasy about the clear Nude and they never emailed me back. I want to know if the clear version is totally clear or if it has any kind of frost to it. I like to use my Apple logo as a mirror (I have a Seidio Innocase) and if the clear Nude is totally clear, I would still be able to do that if I used the clear Nude. Thx.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Well I am getting the black one which is supposed to be translucent. If I can get a hold of a camera I will try to post pics.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Actually I just heard back from Switcheasy and they tell me that the clear Nude is 100% clear. I may give this one a shot. I tried the Vulcan but sent it back because I didn't like it. Maybe this one will be better.

alamperti

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2009
Italy
@psywzrd i've placed an order for a clear nude, will post some pictures as soon as i get it from switcheasy europe ;)

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
So I just got the Ultra Black Nude in the mail today and just had the chance to open it and put it on. The Apple logo can only be seen in certain light conditions or else it looks completely black. I also noticed some watermarks in the middle of the case that can only be seen directly in light. It does feel a bit slick in the hand, similar to that of the naked iphone itself. I will try to post pics later on.

Edit: Just a little extra note. After using it for a few hours I have two words for this case, Fingerprint Magnet. Big time. I took the phone out to clean the case and it also seems like there are some hairline scratches on the inside of the case but I can't really tell if they are scratches or not.

Smacky

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2008
Nice
So, are u saying that the case wont fit if u have a bodyguardz or similar on the phone?

Insilin1i

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2009
Toronto, Canada
To late for my iphone now, I could've really used this. I had a see through case and it got all scratched and looked terrible so I went with no case and it isn't to scratched and feels better in my pocket without the case.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
I got my clear Nude yesterday and have already decided to send it back for a refund. It's too slippery, attracts way too many fingerprints and is not nearly as scratch-resistant as I thought it would be. I guess I knew going in that the chrome would be somewhat exposed but it was a bit too exposed for me. There was also some watermarking on the back although I have to admit that it didn't really bother me at all (just thought I'd mention it because I know that it bothers some people). I do love the thinness of the case and the fact that it's clear but that's about it.

It's back to my trusty Innocase II Surface for me. No matter how many cases I order to try to replace that thing, nothing measures up. I don't even know why I bother - there's nothing wrong with the case at all. I think I'm just kind of sick of it because I've had it for so long. For what I'm looking for in a case, it's damn near perfect.

alamperti

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2009
Italy
@sepab3 thanks for the google translate link, even if its translation effort is weak hope this will help you understand my experience with the NUDE :)

@psywzrd agreed, that case looks fragile and it collected a bad scratch a few minutes after fitting the iphone :| Moreover I've noticed a very tight fit and I'm a bit concerned about the chrome bezel. As reported in my review if you look the instructions included you may find a warning "do not bend" in English and "do no assemble and disassemble too many times" in other languages as it may break. What? :eek:

sebuu

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2010
Switcheasy case recomendation needed?

I've been wanting to purchase a switcheasy case. I've heard great things seen youtube reviews still can't make up my mind. Found a site that has most of the desighns except for the reptile and nude sure they will carry those to sice they have all the other cases. I really like the Switcheasy rebel M and the RebelSerpent? Has anyone purchased any of these cases which would you reccomend? They look almost similar except the M looks a bit Bulky?

This site has alot of accessories for the iphone. Incipio,Switcheasy,Belkin etc.. that i couldn't find on other sites.

http://www.iphoneaccessories.com
http://www.iphoneaccessories.com/brands/switcheasy.html
:)

alamperti

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2009
Italy
Bought and sold this case the same day after making a SwitchEasy NUDE review for my blog. The material looks good, I agree its a fingerprint magnet and collected a bad scratch on the back after during the test :eek: Very tight fit thus making me concerned about the chrome bezel status. IMHO mixed results, should be seen before buying.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Due to all the scratches I got on the NUDE after not even one day from next to no use, Switcheasy is sending me a replacement case that should be here on Monday.

corvette

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2009
Due to all the scratches I got on the NUDE after not even one day from next to no use, Switcheasy is sending me a replacement case that should be here on Monday.

wonder what that would be? I do not have any on mine from the case, clear nude :) on a white 3GS

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
I've been wanting to purchase a switcheasy case. I've heard great things seen youtube reviews still can't make up my mind. Found a site that has most of the desighns except for the reptile and nude sure they will carry those to sice they have all the other cases. I really like the Switcheasy rebel M and the RebelSerpent? Has anyone purchased any of these cases which would you reccomend? They look almost similar except the M looks a bit Bulky?

I have the rebel M on my phone, and loving it. It is a little bigger, but my phone as taken some pretty tough tumbles since then and is still mint. The size makes no difference to me in a trouser pocket and the quality is top notch.

orpheus1120

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2008
Malaysia
I got the Ultra Clear as well. No scratches so far, but does have several watermarks which I can't get rid off. Other than that, it does feel like you are not using a case at all.

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK
I'll be getting a 3GS in black in a couple of weeks, so I'm shopping around for a case. I want a clear case which won't add too much bulk, would prefer to use it without a case personally but a friend who already has a black 3GS said they're scratch magnets and recommended I invest in one. I know a thin case like this wouldn't offer much in the way of preventing internal breakages in the event of a big drop but would it be okay for just minor drops like off a table?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.