Switcheasy Torrent

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jman14, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Jman14 macrumors 6502

Switcheasy came out with a new case this morning. It a polymer case, with a backbone. It similar to there CapsuleRebel but in a MUCH more sleek look. It comes; Black, White, Pink, Turquoise, Lime, and Red.

I'm going to order one of these cases later on today. I will come back when it arrives, and let you guys know my first impressions.

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Torrent/Torrent.php

Attached Files:

2. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

wow, the vulcan just came out not that long ago, they are on a roll lately.

3. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

4. Aor26 macrumors member

Great
    That is just what everybody was waiting for.
    Silicone like the Rebel's and as elegant design as the Neo.
    Ths case seems to kick those both outta the game.
    If they're sending to my country than i'll probably get a white one.

Thanks 4 the info.

5. Confessions macrumors newbie

That looks really nice, kind of regret buying the solo fx now.

6. V4705 macrumors 6502

thanks Jman14!!
    anyway i don't think it's the same material as the vulcan, maybe the rebel...
    doesn't looks "see through" at all, and the second piece is hard plastic (polycarbonate).

[​IMG]

7. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Wow I just purchased Vulcan and so far I like it, then they this new case comes out.. they're on a roll.

8. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I may want to pick one of these up but I've been buying way too many cases lately. I've got a box full I really should sell or something.

9. Jman14 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just ordered the black. I will have pictures, and impressions up when it gets here.

10. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Same but I don't have a box full since I sold/gave some already :p
    I was under the impression that the Vulcan was my last iPhone case purchase...

11. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Looks nice, Switcheasy really puts a lot of great designs out there recently.

12. Jman14 thread starter macrumors 6502

I received the case yesterday, and so far its a great case! I love the idea of backbone, with the silicone like membrane. It feels firm, but still have a good amount of grip. Its very stylish, while still serving its purpose for a resonable price. I like that it comes with the dock adapters to dock your phone while the case is still on. It also come with screen protectors, video stand, dock and headphone plugs, and a microfiber cloth.

I was worried about the silicone membrane with having a saggy bottom, but the polycarbonate backbone covers the silicone to where it will not strech.

I would recommend this case to anyone who is look for protection, style, and affordable. Switcheasy did a very good job with this case, and even in the holiday rush I got this case in 2 business days.

13. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

Still waiting for my Vulcan to come in the mail but I think I will order one of these in the next week or so. I think I got to stop buying cases as I already have enough as it is and just got 4 in the last week or two. :D

14. iTouch.lover22 macrumors regular

For anyone who has this case, how do the buttons feel? I love the silicon covesr on my NeoTouch, but when I tried out my friends' Rebels they felt quite stiff and couldn't feel the button being pushed very well. How does this one compare? Thanks

15. cwproctor macrumors newbie

Grippy?

JMan, I was wondering if the softer silicone part of the case has any grip when on a smooth surface? I had a rebel, but had to switch when it kept sliding around on my car console while driving. The case looks great, and SwitchEasy products are awesome, but I need a little better grip and I can't tell if it's the same or different. Thanks.

16. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

switcheasy, please stop, you're making me want to buy all of these new cases.

17. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

This case is very tempting. I currently have a cheap Incase i got from Best Buy and it is getting stretched out and the bottom ripped. I ordered a TPU case off ebay....the Solo FX knock off to tide me over, but i think i really want this one. It seems like a great combination of all the things i want in a case, and it is unique looking. Its not one you see in stores.

18. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

I ordered this and it got shipped out before couple days, will take maybe a week more to be here, i hate the fact that i should deal with two shipping companies with switcheasy (US > US then US > Qatar)

19. davidm5377 macrumors newbie

Received my Black Torrent today. Looks like they fixed the saggy bottom with this one.
    The spine is shiny black, so it might show some wear after awhile, it does have the logo on the back that elevates it slighty on a flat surface, but it is a smaller bump than the rebel/neo.
    The buttons work easier also than the rebel.
    Best feature is the lack of lint on the case, when stored in the pocket.

David

20. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

^
    Can you post some pictures? is it too thick? dust gets in?

21. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Interesting case, don't really like the flaps on the back at all though.

22. davidm5377 macrumors newbie

Seems thinner than the Rebel, but its close.
    No dust or lint on the outside yet, and mine is in the pocket quite often. You might have some dust underneath when its removed after its been on for awhile, but that is with most cases.
    The buttons feel like there is no membrane over them,very mimimal effort to push.

The vertical ridges sure help with the grip, very natural.

I have several Switcheasy cases, Rebel,Neo,Colors. This looks like a keeper.

23. iTouch.lover22 macrumors regular

So do you think the buttons are easier to push than the Neo?? I really like the buttons on neo :)

24. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

25. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

^
    Yup! pictures, i can't wait until i get mine...

currently rocking the iphone without a screen protector (i tried to replace mine with one that been laying around and i ended up ruining both lol) and the ifrogz luxe case, which is OK..