Switched from iPhone 6 to iPhone 6 Plus: I'm lovin it :)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rodknocker, Feb 15, 2015.

1. rodknocker macrumors 6502

I switched some days ago from an iPhone 6 128 GB to an iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB and i think i fall in love with the 6 Plus.

The battery life time is amazing. Before i had to charge every day, yes i'm a heavy user.

Now with the 6 Plus the battery holds between 2-2,5 days with heavy usage.
    I wasn't sure about the size and the weight of the 6 Plus, but after 2 days I have already got used to.

The iPhone 6 Plus is amazing smartphone and I'm very happy now that i switched, because of my big frustration of the iPhone 6 battery life time.

2. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

I have a question, once i get my six plus in one month, upgrade march 28. Should i get a mophie case? I have the 5 and have a mophie and its amazing. I just want to know your opinion on battery life.

3. rodknocker thread starter macrumors 6502

You don't need it :D

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

A mophie case serves no purpose on an iPhone 6 Plus. That's how amazing the battery is.

5. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I have the 6 and 6 plus and I am still having to charge my 6 plus most every day, its not dead but its down to 15-20%. Iw oddly not class my self as a heavy user at all.

6. luminouslight macrumors 6502

luminouslight

Yeah the 6 plus is pretty amazing, don't really worry about the battery all day long it's great!

7. tiartrop macrumors regular

Can anyone describe what is your "heavy" usage?

I still have to charge my phone every night for what I'd describe as normal usage. With heavy usage I need another quick charge in the evening. Maybe I just use my phone more than most people.

I can get away with two days for light usage, that is barely touching my phone apart for some IMs and browsing.

8. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

It would still extend the battery life.

9. AppleTecFan macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

Just upgraded too! Love the long battery life. Do you feel the vibration is alot louder compared to the 6?

10. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

The battery life is so good on the 6 plus. I've got a mophie power pack but I've never used it once since I've had my 6 plus.

11. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I told you you'd love it. :p

12. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I had bought the 6 at launch . Switched and I felt in love too . You get use to it very fast .

13. CEmajr macrumors 601

I considering it using the phone for something almost all day long. I usually finish the day with around 11 hours of usage time. I start my day around 6 am and by midnight the 6 Plus still has around 20% left. Having to only charge it overnight is what I consider no longer having to worry about battery life.

That's probably the biggest benefit of the 6 Plus to me. If the 6 had similar battery life I might have kept the 6.

14. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I use my iPhone 6 fairly heavily through the day and still end the day with around 20%. Reading many of these threads you would think the 6 had a poor battery when nothing could be further from the truth in reality.

With these phones all it really boils down to is what size the user wants. If you want a phablet you get the 6 Plus. If you want a device that is more convenient as a smartphone then the 6 is your bag. The minor spec differences either support the desire for the bigger phone or become the elephant in the room if the user thinks it is far too big. Simple as that and I'm glad the OP has switched to a phone they are happy with. :)

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I wouldn't get one. As others have said the battery life on the plus is great. In addition, the Mophie case would make a large phone even larger.

16. Visa Declined macrumors newbie

The 6 has around the same battery life as the 5s, which IMO is not good enough. My mates that have the 6 are putting their phones on the charger about mid day, walking through my office at work is proof of that.

17. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

Are you using your iPhone with the brightness jacked up? Facebook/Twitter/LI or social aggregators including G+? Social, push mail, crappy radio (LTE) signal (even if using wifi but keeping cell signal 'live'), your preference of brightness &/or conditions you're using your iPhone in will each contribute to its 'life' during the day...
    ...as well as what you're up to. If you're shooting and editing video, playing intense games, down/uploading intensively...battery life will defitiely get eaten quicker. iCloud and Dropbox. GDrive/1Drive syncing if you're using them also run in the background pending the limitations you're giving it

But the big one I've found, again...regardless if using or being in a wifi environment or using LTE (or not using the signal, just a low signal with constant hunting for signal) to be a HUGE contributor to life expectancy throughout my day

That said, I've had mine since November second and I've NEVER run out of 'juice' ...even during long Days of Heli Skiing, twenty hours with 18 in the 'chill', I'm still at 20-40% by the end of the day ...and I've shot 20GB of video ;)

And the weight. And the size. And (extend its) lack of aesthetic appeal & ease of use ...and I'm a HUGE Mophie fan. Had one on almost every iPhone since the '4'. Doubling the weight and adding to the length, Eliminating its looks and its incredible form factor when unnecessary (there's Mophie 'packs' that would be cheaper, with more energy and not necessary to holster to the phone that are more convenient if you're away from 110 for an extended duration) is silly

Has Mophie even MADE an iPhone 6+ case?

I've got both the Note 4 (primarily a business/family run line) and the 6+. I've owned em all (iPhones) and a ½ dozen Androids, each iPad as well (again, instrumental and game changing with our business, both platforms) and I've never been as happy with battery life, performance, 'package', form factor and 'display quality' than I've been with the 6+, the Note 4 is pretty damn close (as far as energy) but the 6+'s 'performance' with apps in parity is Always a more 'fluent' and enjoyable experience

Just MHO;)

J

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's definitely somewhat more than the 5s or earlier phones for most people.

As far as people charging it at work, I see people put their phone charge at work just so it's charged up, even if it's still at like 80% when they do it. So that's not really proof of anything.

19. meistervu macrumors 65816

So, what do people do on a 6 that would use up the battery by the end of the day?

I am just curious. I charge my 6 at night, and by the time I go to bed, its battery is about 40-50% full. I work in the kind of job that I am not on making a lot of phone calls. I don't spend a lot of time on my phone when I use my computer. When I am not at work, I go about doing the sort of things I expect a lot of normal folks do before the days of smartphones, like buying groceries, cooking dinner, eating, going out to eat, ride my bike, play some tennis, hanging out with friends, watching tv, reading a book, taking a shower, etc.

What kind of lifestyle do you live that would necessitate a battery with more than the capacity of the iPhone 6?

I am just curious.

20. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Heavy usage:

-Playing games often
    -Filming, photo's
    -Brightness all the way up all times
    -brought to the beach, the gym, and saskatchewan.
    -Primary device used

Heavy usage.

21. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

i have a lightning cable fixed on my computer at my desk at work.
    my phone stays charged up all the time - dont see the need for longer battery life...for me

22. meistervu macrumors 65816

Yes, I can see that.

Unless you do it for a living, I would expect this to be on occasions, not part of significant daily usage after the honeymoon period.

Yep.

People don't go to the beach everyday, especially if you live in the Midwest. Even if one does, I would never equate going to the beach with heavy smartphone usage as I hope beach mean water, sand, fun in the Sun. At the gym music listening doesn't take much juice.

Do you mean as a computer to earn a living?

23. Carmenia83 macrumors 6502

I've had my iPhone 6 (4.7" - not even the 6 Plus) since launch day and I'm still not adjusted to the larger size. I love the design, and I thought I would like the larger screen but I really find it more cumbersome to use and handle. I drop it a lot more frequently than I did my 5s. I would love to see Apple reintroduce a 4" option next year with the exterior design of the iPhone 6, but I'm not holding my breath on that one lol. Hopefully Apple Watch lets me keep my iPhone in my pocket more.

24. Roidman macrumors newbie

Yeah I am the same use about 50-70% of my 6 battery in a day and I make and receive a lot of calls, after all it is a phone :eek:
    Weekends use about 30% if that.

Maybe they live in tents or work in the jungle with no power :)

Anyway the 6 plus is too big and heavy if you pocket it in and out all day, especially when you use a case which you have to as they are too slippery, and getting in and out of vehicles.

I used a plus for 2 months over the Dec/Jan holidays and was good at home but soon as I used it in my day to day work was too big, a 6 in the leather case and a life proof when needed and a iPad Air 2 suits me.

I use mine on Bluetooth all day too, wifi on all the time, brightness up.

25. Knor55 macrumors newbie

When you upgraded to the iPhone 6 Plus did you have any issues carrying it? Does it fit in you pocket comfortably!