Switched to Windows how to backup iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phas3, Jun 17, 2011.

1. phas3 macrumors 65816

My iphone 4 was previously synced through my macbook, since then I sold the macbook and went to a PC (Windows) now can I just hook up my iphone to Windows and be able to sync everything so that I don't lose my pictures\contacts etc?

2. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

I don't see it being a problem.
    Just beware that you can't copy your iTunes library from your iPhone to your new iTunes. You would first have to consolidate your library on your Mac and Export it so you could import all your music into your new PC.

I'm no pro at this, so I'd probably wait for some others to chime in.

3. saberahul macrumors 68040

You cannot just sync it and all your data will transfer. I suggest backing up contacts using google sync. For pictures - I would either upload them to a cloud storage or download a free wifi photo transfer application which gives you a URl on the same wifi network to download photos off your iPhone from. Otherwise, if you sync it - iTunes will delete all your data.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Actually on a PC, the iPhone will show up under Windows Explorer and you can copy the files directly from there.

5. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Not true. When I got my new computer I just plugged in my iPhone and it sync'd up. Nothing was deleted.

6. DeuxIt macrumors member

plug it into the new computer, it should show up in iTunes, right click the icon for your phone in iTunes, select backup, it make a backup on this new machine and you should be good togo.

7. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

8. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

Probably got bored using a system that worked well and didn't need much attention.;)

9. TheSideshow macrumors 6502

You should backup you contacts with google or something for that. for pictures you can take them off through windows explorer as I recall.

10. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

No answer he gives will be adequate. He could have kept the MB and put Windows on there... So I'm betting he's just trolling.

11. saberahul macrumors 68040

Hmm... well I switched to the Mac from Windows and only thing that remained was my Apps. I received a message saying that this iPhone is sync'd with another iTunes library and I must either erase and sync or do nothing.