Switching to mac - do old downloaded clients for WoW work on macs?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by euphuistical, Nov 6, 2009.

1. euphuistical macrumors member

I got an external HDD(fat32) with old WoW install clients for windows. Will these work or am I going to have to install WoW from scratch? I really hope they work because my original WoW discs don't work, I have no idea where my BC disk is, so the only one I won't have to DL is WotLK.

2. Cboss macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure the WotLK has the full game on it. So you should just be able to install that, do a few updates, and go.

3. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

You could always just download entire WoW from blizzards site, for free.

4. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Your outta luck it seems. Either find a friend who has it or download it from Blizzard's site.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

As previously mentioned, the easiest fastest way is knowing someone with the Mac version of WoW installed, if they are willing, burn the WoW folder onto a couple of DVDs and transfer it to you that way.

I wonder if the Mac and Window patch files are the same? *If* they were and you had them, you could install the WoW client from a demo DVD, place those patches in (the proper place) in your WoW folder and avoid the long download times.

6. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

The patches aren't the same. I put all the Mac patches onto a disc for a friend with Windows, didn't work.